Terp enhancer and sweetners

This year im using a 45 gallon instead of 20 gallon. That thing was so root bound by the end.lol😁

2 Likes

So if I just switch up to a 10 gallon pot for inside the tent is that going to make a big difference as long as I keep it low as possible with training

2 Likes

Those are nice luscious green plants six nodes at that size there going to be stealthy

2 Likes

Oh ya since they are autos those roots should be nice and comfortable until the end. That was a good choice to avoid any stress. Those girls look really healthy

2 Likes

I did these autos last summer it was my first time growing autos. So I thought 3 gallons would be enough. Lol obviously I was so wrong :joy: :rofl: I’m doing what you did and finishing them in 10 gallons this summer especially because they are going to be gorilla glue autos and those are famous for having huge yields so the roots will need the space

3 Likes

No the photos because there in five now. The auto seem to do pretty good in the 5 gallon buckets I get about 4 ounces each one

2 Likes

Hell ya that’s a great yield!!! Mine ended finishIng ok But I only ended up with 2 and a half oz off of each. I think your right on the money with 4oz each out of 5 gallon

2 Likes

It was a great learning experience though

2 Likes

Yes it can make a difference. They use the same ingredients as many of the branded nutrients mentioned in this thread. If you read the ingredients on most nutrients they are all the same. Mostly it’s about the ratios and the sourcing of said ingredients.

If you want to see them in action in other uses look up Dutch aquarium keeping. Those same nutrients are used to enhance colors of various aquatic plants. And they work, I used to do planted tanks Dutch style and used many of the same nutrients as I do growing cannabis.

3 Likes

Hay rye thanks welcome to the discussion

2 Likes

@Puffdog :v:

1 Like

That’s bad ass thanks Rye. Is there a certain amount of time that it has sit in the water before you feed your plant with it? Your results look nice

1 Like

I think you might have been replying to dollar bill if so I’m kind of interested in the same question About the brine shrimp

1 Like

@Puffdog @Athan1982 i’ve always soaked the shrimp eggs in a cup of fresh water for 24 Hours then mix with my mollasses mix. Not trying to Hatch shrimp just soften the eggs so they all break down in somewhat of a even time frame

1 Like

Ah ok :ok_hand: that super interesting. So you are saying though, that the shrimp and molasses will get just as good results as these popular ones we’ve been talking about? That’s really incredible :clap:

1 Like

I think im about 2-3 weeks to harvest. Do you guys think it’s time to flush? Or could I feed a once or twice more?

2 Likes

Lots of trichomes but only a few orange hairs

1 Like

Too early…When a plant gets close to harvest time, where we consider flushing, the leaves will start to give up their nutrients and the flowers get most of it. You still have plenty of FILL OUT THE BUD time…Flushing is / can be done in a couple days. It is really only required when you have used CHEM nutrients. If you are organic and use molasses…it is not a necessity. Your buds will still taste very good and smoke well if they are cured properly
Flushing is used to MOSTLY (not all) help rid the plant of the “effects of chemicals” used to force grow / feed them. They can leave an aftertaste.
Slow down on the feeding so the buds start to take the plants nutrition and you should see the fan leaves begin to die. You should be in the reduction of TDS at this time in flower, bring the nutrient PPM’s down.

2 Likes

Awesome thank you. This my first time flowering indoors. I actually forgot about the leaves needing to turn yellow. Just like my outdoor. Thank for pointing that out. Im glad to hear i still have quite a bit longer. I’ve been using foxfarm nutrients the whole time so not all organic

1 Like

@Kronic has a wonderful chart for what the trichomes are like at each stage of harvest depending on your desire
Some of us, who like couch lock, let them over ripen. Some who like wake and bake or sativa dominant strains might harvest early
When you DO check the trikes, make sure you get to the ones INSIDE the plant…not from the tips. You can have different parts of the plant maturing at different times. If so, you can harvest PORTIONS and leave some behind for later
If they are photo period plants and you think they are EXCEPTIONAL (you usually know when a plants just ROCKS IT), you can leave some behind and send it in to RE-VEG mode…
If you used FF non organic, are you using molasses at all? If not, use H2O only during the last stages. Figure 2/3 waters of WATER ONLY, 2/3 days of DRYING OUT, 2 days of DARKNESS…HARVEST…
I figure a week to 10 days easily, sometimes 2 weeks on LARGE containers, for this process
If your trikes are ALL CLOUDY…You will have 10/15% AMBER AT THIS POINT
The majority of your pistils, if not ALL, will be browned out…no more white pistils

2 Likes