Terp enhancer and sweetners

Do terp enhancers and sweetness really make a difference? I’ve never used terminator, that is probably one of the more popular ones because it’s new.lol
Botanicare makes a few different flavors. I recently bought the sweet( raw) from them but I still have a few weeks to harvest. It super sticky though. Foxfarm also makes one. Bushdoctor Bembe( sweet and dandy.) I also bought that one because I love Foxfarm products and the reviews are great. Im saving it for my outdoor wedding cake this year. Does anyone have experience with any of this stuff?

3 Likes

Hey @Athan1982!

I don’t have experience with this, but I hope you don’t mind that I’m following for knowledge. I’m sure someone with working knowledge will stop in at some point. :v:t2:

2 Likes

Been using terpinator Just about since I started so I didn’t know for sure if it was making a difference so I turn my brother onto it and he swears that his trichomes are so much more prevalent and the smell and taste are so much better I don’t realize it’s because I’ve been using it since the beginning I do notice the Difference in smell and the taste of different strains Have also turned other friends onto this they swear they notice the difference also so much more frosty

4 Likes

For $60 a gallon it’s worth it

3 Likes

I don’t think that any of them give it one certain flavor every individual plant just like anything has its own terpene flavor the Turpin Nader or terpene enhancers only help the plant produces its natural terpene to To its fullest extentAnd to produce tri chomes I recently started using fish bone meal and bonemeal I’m almost feeling like I’m smelling that in the girl that come down is this possible

3 Likes

I used FF Dirty Dozen starter kit last year which contained Bembe. Looking at the ingredients it’s 1/4 sugars/molasses.
Bembe
Ingredients: Earthworm castings, bat guano, seabird guano, sulfate of potash magnesia, phosphoric acid, rock phosphate and protein hydrolysate.

Also Contains Non-Plant Food Ingredient:
14% Sucrose (cane sugar & beet sugar)
10% Molasses

This grow I’m ditching all the FF Nutes for all organic. Unsulfered Blackstrap molassas is cheaper than Bembe and should accomplish the same thing for less. Everything else is already in the soil.

Autos 25 Days old and going on their sixth node, nothing but pH water

3 Likes

According to Terpinator’s FAQ

You list potassium sulfate as the primary active ingredient. What else is in Terpinator?

Terpinator is a proprietary blend of organic inputs and plant extracts with an NPK Ratio of 0-0-4.

I think I would rather use molasses and sea kelp which is high in K also

2 Likes

Yeah I know I’ve done the research but I’m still new so I’m willing to spend and try whatever to make sure that I have good yields I see other people just use nothing but molasses I’m still experimenting and will find that right little niche

3 Likes

2 Likes

What do u think about them John nothing on u but they still look good thems the autos I referred to the other night 2 front put in ground from pod on 28 2back about 2 weeks older

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the knowledge :pray: I’ve been using Bushdoctor by foxfarm “bembe”- sweet and dandy. The ratio is 0-1-4. So I think im on the right track I also have Botonicare- “sweet”-raw i plan on using that one on my gorilla glue auto flowers in my backyard grow this summer. The bembe im for my outdoor wedding also in my backyard using a 45 gallon smart pot for that one​:grin: but honestly thank you for your help.

my blueberry kush from last year. My only mistake was using a 20 gallon smart pot. I’ll never use one that small again for outdoor unless it’s a auto flower

2 Likes

I used to use molasses. Bembe-sweet and dandy from foxfarm/bushdoctor. NPK is 0-1-3. Its derived earthworm castings, bat guano, seabird guano,sulfate of potash magnesia, phosphoric acid, rock phosphate and Molasses also includes microbe food 4% fructose(cane sugar and beet sugar) and 4% glucose(cane sugar and beet sugar). Its pretty bad ass! A little pricey but when it comes to our babies :smirk:

2 Likes

I try to apply a lot at those amendments back throughout the grow plus my line of nutes I use fox farm soil but cutting edge nutes with terpinator and black strap molasses due to I was under the impression molasses only fed the microbes in the soil not the plant itself

2 Likes

All these products to improve flavor are K based nutrients. One of the difficult things is to find a water soluble product. Any K will produce the same results. If you are going to follow that path, you might as well add a UVA/UVB bulb…2 hrs a day and no mixing required

2 Likes

No offense taken. Im on here to learn. Your plants look great. I just started growing autos for the first time last summer. Thank for be willing to share your pictures. I know I have alot to learn about indoor. On my first indoor grow and it’s an cream auto. All my experience is mainly from outdoor growing.

2 Likes

I wish I would have started with the light i have now. Im a newbie to the indoor world.

2 Likes

Sorry brother maybe that didn’t sound right ment I was complimenting your work I need to learn a few things from u and the auto is looking good

2 Likes

Plus I have 5 kids. So im just happy that my wife let me do this in the corner of our garage. It’s the little things in life right. Lol :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m like u I go overboard a bit but but if creates that monster like yours it’s worth it she’s big

2 Likes

Right on thanks bro!! With outdoor you want your roots to spread out wide. It really only needs to be a couple of feet deep for a whole summer. The wider your container the better!! Or if you go right in the ground it’s the same concept. Wide hole not really deep

2 Likes