Taking in an outdoor plant to finish

My outdoor plants are nearly finished but could go longer. I am thinking of bringing one inside to finish under a hps light. The problem is I have seedlings growing under T5 led fixture with 18 hours of light. Would the stray light from the T5 effect the 12 hour HPS budding. I don’t think this late in the game it could reverse. Frost and rain are a big threat to my outdoor grow right now.

It could mess with her idk what it will do to her this late in flower could cause her to go back into vegg

Go with the 12/12 only seedling will just grow slower to young to switch over. Opinion

2 Likes

Well I di bring her in. 2 nights look like a killing frost. I am looking for just a week or two to polish it off so right or wrong 12 hours HPS and the seedling below are still 18. I have to cut a huge skunk#1 tomorrow, Way to big to get inside . It has a few red hairs, Take what I can get.

2 Likes

I don’t think you will keep them long enough to hermi but watch for it thats some light leak your about to have

Yea it’s not going to be in here that long. I tried to cross it with bubble gum on some lower branches but the pollen was in a fridge for a few months and I am not sure there was allot of pollen o the branch…
I just did not want to interrupt the seedling schedule for fear of hermi’s from a light change.

So how are things working out for you? 🥸

1 Like

nothing wrong with bumping posts for self knowledge. I am doing the same

2 Likes

Yesterday was harvest day. Finished her off and cut her down. I lost some to bud rot but there was still plenty to be had. I had trimmed off some bud rot before she came in but bud rot is a pain. I took off all the bottom growth and put it on top of the T5 to dry up and check for seeds. I’ll take that and make some pot olive oil.
Next year I plan to put clear plastic over the buds of whatever I grow to help prevent bud rot.

Why can’t you grow indoors?

1 Like

@bigbud i have problems growing out doors with bud rot, my main grow is indoors where i can attempt to control the environment. I now am Veg outside and bring the best in to flower inside: using both in and out i have managed to reduce cost. :yin_yang:

I do grow indoors, I have a new grow as we speak. I switched over to LED T5 bulbs to help reduce the cost during veg cycle. I’ll switch to T5 bloom for flowering or use 250W HPS for budding. Most of my outdoor plants get to big to try to bring in… I might try auto flower this spring.

2 Likes

I would be weary of bringing in plants from outside to an inside grow for fear of pests…etc. But clearly you have had no issues with it.

1 Like

It helps if you are treating during Veg with the PMS you use. I use Neem and a organic Jabon Potásico alternating: also if i bring the out door plants in to Flower its the out door coming into a sanitized tent because i just cleaned it after hang drying my Harvest. I only have 1 tent for indoor! By Veg out side i can choose the Strongest to bring in to Flower. :heavy_check_mark:

1 Like

wish I could grow outside but alas I live in a state that will probably be the last to legalize.

I have a private space on my property: when i bring plants in to flower there are no plants inside at that time: so no need to worry about bringing something in that would effect other plants: because there are none there: :ballot_box_with_check: