Stoners Corner 🌿

Ok I have a GSC Auto. It’s 32 days out of ground. It grow great for about 17 days, then stalled. I started freaking out. I don’t know what I’m doing. Checked soil moisture, seamed wet. Got it dried out. Bought perfect PH. Nutes. Used at half dose… Waited a few days Nothing. Thought coffee grounds would be good. Applied sparingly. Still nothing. So I thought, maybe roots need O2 (oxygen). I thought ok where and how to get it. H2O2 will brake down, turn into water and oxygen. I poured a little into the soil. I was still Freaking out. Few days. Honey Honey come look. I THINK THEIR GROWING. Thought upgrade the light. I did. Few days later. HONEY COME LOOK I THINK THEIR GROWING. Couple day now. I think I have a mag deficiency. It looks all yellow at the top n nodes.
What the heck I THINK TO MUCH!
LMAO Darn good thing it is so resilient
H2O2 = Hydrogen Peroxide

3 Likes

I totally got what you were up to and I giggled. It’s a great testimony to our patience, huh? “Are we there yet?” :rofl:

Peace be with you! Thanks for the giggle! :v:t2:

3 Likes

Stoners Corner - auto flowering plants
We see many helpful tips and methods to help us grow the best we can possibly do. What I wonder is: When do you give up on a plant? Many times we will start a run, 1,2,4,or more seedlings, get them going and pot them. Our medium is the same across the board, as is our environment, feeding cycles, nutrients, etc. The only difference is the genus from seed to seed. Some come up deformed, some are runts, some grow SLOW. At what point do you scrap, give up on that plant or do you just grow it out?
I am hoping to get insights here as not how to grow or fix but when to give up and start over. This is really focusing on Auto strains becasue of the limited time they have to grow.

4 Likes

A beauty for sure. :v:t2:

2 Likes

Thank you. It is a lot of work.
Leaving them alone

6 Likes

It is. Sometimes I have to act like they aren’t there, but not too much. Otherwise, I will love them to death quite literally.

3 Likes

Legit question, are you struggling to "call’ one, so to speak?

3 Likes

I am not talking about any seeds from any particular vendor, friend, bag. I am just questioning when you should give up on an auto flower that stunted / had nutrient / temperature / bugs / or anything that stresses it t a point that we should not grow it.
Yes, I am talking about struggling with one but not in particular. This is a general question designed to help other, and myself, recognize when its time to cast it off. It is like business. There comes a point where you have to decide your business model is failing and bail out, jump ship

3 Likes

As we say in EMS, you want to know when to 9 them out. I say when you have thrown the entire advanced medic kit at them and there is no response. If I stop responding to the lack of response, will death ensue? Just like humans, there will be deficits if surviveable.

3 Likes

I get that but in your line of work, resuscitation usually doesn’t begin until some is deceased. Here, with a life span of only 7-11 weeks average, we need to determine if it is worth it to bring a failing plant to finish. Thee has to be a point where a new plant will outproduce the ill plant and the space in the environment is both limited and precious. I am not talking about outdoor growing where there is ample space, I am talking tent space, limited and valuable

4 Likes

You get my ego wants to argue with you right now on point one, right? I’m recognizing it and now leaving the conversation NOT feed my Ego while the message has been received. :v:t2:

4 Likes

All my plants seem to stall at some points during veg, but I’ve determined, since I started using clear planters, that when it stops above ground it starts growing underground, or at least this is the conclusion I’ve came to with my own experiences, I may be wrong tho

3 Likes

Fare enough if you’re not happy with the growth by week 5. Cut. You already know. It is just that you’d hate to scrap it. You put the work, time, tears. For what your doing about 5 weeks you’ll know. I can tell you’ve kept before. Didn’t like the yeld. When you see the same characteristics as your runts before. Let them go. Only sometimes it’ll have a growth spirt. Only sometimes

3 Likes

Yes that is true. When it slows on top. It’s growing on the bottom. Stay High my Friend

3 Likes

I over potted. The roots had to much room. Resulting in what I thought was stalled. I even pulled one in disgust and saw the roots to be 3 times the size of the top

2 Likes

Today through Saturday morning are good rooting days. I like to plant my seeds, then repot on leaf days. Just tell me to hush if random geek out is unwelcome.

3 Likes

As always, You are a wealth of useful information @kmac03 !:+1:

3 Likes

The world has left me confused as it is so full of smoke and mirrors so I am unsure if someone is being facetious or not. Thank you. :v:t2:

3 Likes

No smoke and mirrors with me.

I’m serious.

If I’m goofin’ on ya, I’ll always let you know!

You won’t need to wonder :smile:

3 Likes

I actually appreciate that more than most people as I am similar. For some reason it surprises people. At any rate, this does not fit in with Autoflower suport…supp… :eyes:

You see, I have discipline. Peace be with y’all! :v:t2:

4 Likes