Starting over again

Probably won’t be posting much for a while. Had my life turned upside down this week. My girlfriend of ten years passed away suddenly. She was one month past her 45th birthday.

The police, fire department, and emts all got a good look at my outdoor weed garden while they were here but they didn’t say anything about it that night. Well today they came back to chop it all down. They had a helicopter and everything.

Didn’t even write me a ticket though; they just told me I have to wait for the corporate dispensaries to open first. They apologized though for the confusing rollout of the new law. So I guess my medicine is legal, but I’m not allowed to buy it or grow it.

I apologize for the overshare but I feel like some of you are friends and I needed to vent.

Next year I’m going to grow a fuck you plant. 25’ tall bush that you can smell for miles. If they say it’s too much weight I’ll invite the fucking town to come harvest it with me.

-Shawn

15 Likes

Sorry for your loss, stay lifted my friend.

3 Likes

im so sorry for your loss man, no words. :pray:

2 Likes

Omg. I know I don’t know you… but my prayers are with you my friend. Keep the head up

2 Likes

There are no words at a time like this but if there is something you need, or want…and maybe we can help…well, that is what it’s about
If you need seeds, supplies, something we can offer…just put it out here
Know we hurt for you

2 Likes

@CurrDogg420 this plant has a few words for them

one gun Salute

11 Likes

@CurrDogg420 sorry for your loss brother. That’s just like big pharma and those corporate asshats to kick a man when he’s down though.

I feel kind of bad for the cops that had to come cut it down too. I bet they felt guilty as sin knowing how that shit happened in the first place.

This is a big reason why we need federal reform on cannabis laws. We need to be protected over some heartless corporation that doesn’t care at all about our well-being. Just their bottom dollar.

If you need any seeds to start anew indoor or next season man give me a holler. I have loads. Some of my own making and plenty of well known cultivars as well.

Keep your head up man. I hope things look up for you. :call_me_hand::metal::v:

6 Likes

My heart goes out to you and your family @CurrDogg420 have a blessed day

3 Likes

Stay Strong the sentiment is evident in your resolve.
Good luck Shawn, Monk

3 Likes

shawn, im just wondering what state your in where they would go through such extremes to take your plants & kick you while your down like that. if theres anything i can help you with just ask.

4 Likes

It’s of course the one you’re thinking of @mikes. I also vote and pay taxes here and it seems to me that there might be some savings we could find in their budget.

Thanks everyone for the support. Our recent indoor harvest ought to carry me through until it’s fully legal, especially since it’s just me now.

Though @MDBuds I would definitely be interested in anything that you’ve developed - maybe we can talk about a trade or something.

1 Like

i wonder if they would have trashed a moonshine still, since that is not taxed either?i sure hope this new governor dont drag her feet on this issue like king andrew did…

2 Likes

Sorry to hear of it. All of this story is messed up, full stop, especially the typical use of any available power the authorities have to break a grower’s balls.

A relative had a visit based on a noise complaint and domestic argument, ended up the county Mounties witnessing him pull six indoor plants, pour Clorox on them, and taking them away in a black plastic bag. He wasn’t otherwise charged, but late night argument equals lose your grow pass in an otherwise pretty chill area.

1 Like

I can’t add much to the condolences that are already here. Sorry for all your losses!!
Where do you live? What state?

1 Like

Revenuers

After prohibition, the government was not after you for making moonshine. They were after you for not giving them their cut!!!

4 Likes

@CurrDogg420 Sorry to hear your girlfriend passed, my condolences. Life is going to be different without her in your life but eventually you will find your way.

3 Likes

I’m in New York, plant hardiness zone 6a. One of the best spots in the country outside of CA for growing grapes. Weed too I think but I’ll have to wait a bit longer to sample some now. All the best weed I had growing up was homegrown outdoors locally.

1 Like

Yep, you’re in a lousy patch for sure. As to the weed, I’m in albany. There was a time when the best commercial veggie gardens east of the Rockies were within sight of Albany airport. And yet we grow inside, because plants with a single fan leaf would immediately be stolen. Years ago my late brother grew amazing Homer bucket outdoor herbs in a state forest adjacent to a national park battlefield of historic note, and people literally couldn’t believe the northeast produced such crops. You will again.

3 Likes

if you need anything, seeds or whatever, i can even share some bud with you, im in ny, & spend most weekends in schoharie county i have a seasonal camp there… just let me know.

1 Like

I’m kind of surprised that NY was so anal.

1 Like