Spider Farmer 2000

In 3x3 tent with 2 flowers. What percent light intensity should I have on my 15 day old seedlings. Hanking approx. 18 in above @ 18/6 light cycle

Thanks

4 Likes

I’d bet around 50% with how mine liked the spider farmer 1000 at that point, but could start a bit less (maybe 35%) and step it up if you want to play it safe.

Probably can even go more than 50% if they really dig it, I usually would have the intensity a little less when feeding and then up the intensity in the middle part of the light schedule/day, and turn it down a little less before bed.

(I was just kinda trying to imitate the sun rising/setting thinking that the plants would like it)

3 Likes

Thanks, it’s a lot lol. Happy growing!!

2 Likes

@Adcrag yeahhh lol, I bet you can just leave em around 50% (or whatever) and they’ll be more than fine. Happy growing to you as well!

2 Likes

Sounds good, I’ll change when I water tomorrow.

1 Like

Check the owners manual for your light, it should give recommendations. At least the manual for mine did. Like @CoolBubs mentioned, try it out and see what the plants tell you. Hope this helps :+1::v::sunglasses:

For seedling I would raise to 24-30 in let the ladies stretch at bit. If using the same light for flower I would finish at about 18 in. All looks very healthy!

Ok, gonna raise my light. Here’s today’s pic

!
20201002_174406|375x500

Thanks

5 Likes

Thank you! I didn’t have a clue how strong to turn the adjustable knob. I’m surprised its only 50% when would you turn it higher and by what percentage? Does it only go into the 100% range during budding?

My instruction book tells how far away the lights should be, but nothing about the strength of the lights.

1 Like

I tend to strengthen the lights to 100% around midday most days, kinda cycle my lights spider farmer on 40% and viparspectra on like 70% then after an hour or two switch it. I kinda turn them up and down a few times a day depending on how hot they get. I definitely use the full 100% during later veg as well as flower, but again never for more than a few hours at a time.

You probably don’t need to do this much, as long as the plants seem to dig it though, I blast the lights. (But I’m no expert on the subject, I’m just learning :grin:)

1 Like

Well, I’m really glad to get your input because I would have ‘assumed’ that during the later stages they would get 100% for the full 18 hrs. I had them at 40% 18” above, but my little girls are getting stems that are about 1-2” tall before any leaves. I’ve seen so many stocky little plants I felt perhaps I wasn’t giving them enough light. I sure don’t want them to be lanky.

1 Like

You can rotate the pot quarter turn ever day it lets the plants right amount of light all around one part of the plants getting more light then other side makes the plants reach for the light

Thanks Reed, I do that. I remembered that from my houseplants.

Gonna lst my GDP over the weekend.

Happy growing

Hey @Daddy1971 this is my GDP photo 8/9 (lost calendar lol).

Soon to harvest :hugs::hugs:

Have an amazing day!!

3 Likes

Beautiful plants and i just flipped my lights

1 Like

Well, I look like a jerk because I have never before seen this thread until today. Does this place work off a privilege system where you get a little more access if you behave?

Also, why do I have to come in here all negative sounding? Not my intent. :blush:

Nice plants and lights. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Pictures of couple plants

1 Like

3 Likes