Should I be training or something?

Help 1st time grower here again lol. Growing my girls remind me of my 1st pregnancy lol. Questions, questions & more questions.

GDP -photo. Popped 9/15, 18/6 in 5 gal pot under SF2000, approx. 24" above canopy. She’s short & getting really bushy & full. Should I be do anything to increase bud sites.

Thanks & happy growing @!

5 Likes

It’s a photo, so if it was me I’d top it and start my lst

3 Likes

@Adcrag Yes i would definitely start some LST to get those buds sites exposed to the light before you flip her. Looking good btw. Just wait till flower time, it will make you smile everytime you look at them😁

4 Likes

@Adcrag my preferred method with gdp since it stays pretty short and bushy is fiming and then some lst.

Fiming you make a precision cut across the middle of the top and it turns into 3 to 4 tops.

If you aren’t comfortable with that topping is pretty easy too. Just cut off the top of the main cola about 1/2 inch under the new growth up top.

After fiming or topping I start LST and do some light defoliation. After everything is healed up and it looks like I have decent airflow for the dense buds I flip it to flower.

4 Likes

@mdbuds this fimming process how exactly do I do that? I want to try this on my next grow they currently are in the dirt right now hoping they will sprout any day. If all goes as planned I will have one purple Kush feminized 3 feminized white widow and 1 fast feminized white Russian which 1 of those would be the best to do the fimming on? Is there a video on this that I could go look at that you know of on the kyle Cushman series?

5 Likes

@dmtscravey my method of fiming I wait for new growth to just start sprouting or popping up and I either pinch it right in the middle with my thumbnail splitting it in half or I make a precision horizontal cut across the middle of the new growth. So it cuts the leaves in half just above the main stalk.

I’ve even experimented with a hybrid fim that instead of pinching it off or making a horizontal cut you make a vertical cut down the middle slightly into the stem.

I’ve had mixed results with this but one of the times I did it I got 6 tops from a single cut but it did restrict the vertical height like topping.

Fiming is great for inidicas because it doesn’t restrict the plant height like topping and has the potential to give you up to 4 new colas.

Topping restricts vertical growth and takes longer to heal increasing veg time but it works great for sativas imo.

Fiming would work great on any of those strains since they all on average grow to 3 to 5 feet indoors. If I had to choose one though I’d go with the white russian or purple kush. White widow has the potential to grow to between 6 and 8 feet even indoors so I usually top my white widows and scrog train them to make sure they stay short and bushy indoors.

Kushman doesn’t have any videos yet specifically covering fiming but he does have a super cropping video explaining topping defoliation scrog and LST.

3 Likes

@dmtscravey

4 Likes

Wow everyone thanks. I guess my & my girl has some work to do. I’ll be taking a few deep breaths lol & get to fimming & LSTing. Send good vibes.

Happy growing!!

5 Likes

@Adcrag sending good vibes your way. You got this. Happy growing. :v::call_me_hand::metal:

3 Likes

@MDBuds can you make a house call :rofl::rofl:!! Your know is great, and thanks for the pictures. But I still need to get a better understanding of how to count nodes in the beginning. Maybe you have some pictures. Will take pictures after me & GDP meet.

Happy growing!!

4 Likes

OK so today 2 of my victims ( or I mean girls ) have sprouted and I’m going to be trying one of these techniques on them and they are both white widow. So I guess topping would be the best for them to keep the height down because I only have 5’6" of grow space.

2 Likes

DMT I would not top at this point in time and are they auto or photo? If you give more BLUE light, they will be shorter and bushier. Watch how close you set your lights. Fim might be better and you can lst (tie me kangaroo down boy) on the branches. That will help you stay shorter. I have grown horizontally too by slow bending the main stem to a 90% angle. This way the plant grows sideways and you can control the height of the stems much better as the top/s always want to grow first / faster / longer / bigger. _Y_Y_Y_Y>
Only my opinion and that don’t count for much. What the heck do I know, I am a pothead

3 Likes

Lol @Mrb53004 Mike. I think all the input is great.

Well I Flmed & LST before

After

Readjusted LST on WW - Auto before

!
No white hairs yet, how does it look
20201024_110504|375x500

My canopy is definitely shorter!! Befote

After
Happy growing!!

3 Likes

Great - now don’t touch for a week or 2. They look good

2 Likes

Yes Sir!! Thanks & have a good evening

2 Likes

@Mrb53004 good morning, I’m amazed how my girls looked this A.M.

Just feed, turned & talked to them lol.

GDP

WW

Happy growing ya’ll

4 Likes

Adcrag you can trim off some of those lower large fan leaves. Where did you get those pot trays? Do you use an exhaust fan in your tent? A dehumdifier?

1 Like

How in the heck did you get that thermometer off of Celsius? I have 2 of those exact ones and for the life of me I cannot get either one to Fahrenheit it drives me crazy! Your grow is looking fabulous keep up the good work!

3 Likes

Mike I got them at a small olant/herb store. But I saw them on Amazon.

I’ll address the lg. fan leaves on GDP, but my WW -photo, I’m gonna leave alone, don’t want to stress her anymore.

Thanks for onput

1 Like

No just let it grow 2 nodes before training due to your short plant it’s naturally creating a low canopy

1 Like