Seeds from a herm?

@Dwood72 still no hermies since flipping

3 Likes

Seeds from a hermaphroditic cannabis plant are feminized that is how “feminized” seeds are produced…Now compound feminization and interbreeding of hermies and their offspring will produce undesirable traits… yet there are ways to effectively reverse those effects, yet that takes alot of cycles…

@CkNugz that is called rodelization which is one of the few common methods for producing feminized seeds.

Colloidal silver, STS, gibberellic acid, etc… are common ways to produce feminized seeds without rodelization or hermaphroditism.

1 Like

@MDBuds very correct my friend… also it can be done without chemicals which is the preferred method of a “Naturalist”/“Purest”…Which to say the least on that matter is to coax certain stressors to the said plant to which you may want to create a unique or old school cultivar from.

@CkNugz that’s why I use colloidal silver myself. It’s “natural” and non toxic. It’s easy to make at home and cheap. Great stuff.

I don’t use STS or gibberellic acid myself or any of the other reversal chems.

I like sustainability and easy home production.

Cool thing about cs too is that the reversal actually isn’t a stress reaction. Silver actually binds with and transports ethylene, but the ions are larger than copper so when silver is introduced one silver ion carries 1 ethylene and blocks the copper cofactor in which 2 copper ions carry 2 ethylene down the same pathway. So the plant only gets half the ethylene it needs to become a female and it “tricks” the plant into becoming male with female genes. At least that’s how it was posited in the latest study I read on the effects of silver on ethylene production and copper cofactors.

1 Like

:v:

My OGK is looking good, to me; but what do I KNOW!!

I really miss seeing other pictures. I’m using this app to reduce size of my pictures.

Have a Blessed Dunday, be well & safe!!:pray:t4::pray:t4:

:footprints:

3 Likes