Rogue Autoflower Bruce Banner #3

This Bruce #3 was a runt since day one. Now week 6 and it has grown larger than my other two B’s in just one week. Problem is that even though all 3 were planted at the same time it is two weeks behind the others and still no sign of flowering stage. Maybe Pacific Seed bank sent a photo by mistake ? Don’t know what to do with this thing…any longer and its just not gonna work out in my tent in the long run. because the others are too far along.

One more week and it goes outside to fend for itself.

Looks just like my fast banner foto.
Just keep raising her. If she flips, she flips.
Otherwise, let that beast grow and flip with the season.

2 Likes

You may consider re-potting. I like to have my container as wide as the plant canopy, within reason.
When the roots hit a sidewall, they turn back on themselves. That creates a root ball. But then the roots become all entangled on themselves.
I saw a very good demonstration with a grower using a clear container.
A ten gallon clothe pot would probably work. Fill her with potting soil high in coir, dig a hole and slide that entire clump into the hole and level. Then watch it grow.
BTW-Doing so will probably make it outgrow the tent and you will be committed to taken it to harvest outdoors.

Thanks ! Advice taken :slightly_smiling_face: I could probably jump start flowering by switching to 12/12 light… but I only have one tent and both of the others are well into flowering so Im not messing with those. … so re-potting to a 10 gallon and outside she goes. It’s either gonna be a monster auto or suffer a slow death…lol.

1 Like

Definitely give her a little longer. Sometimes when an auto is stunted in seedling stage it will stay small and then kick it into gear once the roots get moving. From there it will either blow up or flower as a runty thing. I have a Grape Walker Kush Auto that didn’t seem happy as an early seedling and flowered later but is now the tallest plant in the tent… But it will probably be an 80-85 seed to harvest rather than the 75 for this genetics if everything went perfectly.

Thanks… so far I have just re-potted her into a 10 gallon container and she’s doing great but still no flower. Holy cow if this thing continues to grow (already about 18 inches tall ) it’s gonna be a happy harvest day :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I have six BB Fast Fotos going right now. You would think they came from six different cultivars. Lol
Each has it’s own personality.
I moved them into the greenhouse mid-April. Planted them 1 Apr.
Three began to flower. We had a lot of storms and I keep them in the green house during storms. Otherwise, full Ga. Sun.
One of the flowering ones rolled back to veg, sort of. I moved the other two into my tent and put them on a diminishing light schedule, as flipping a foto. I’ll harvest them in a week or less.
Two still outside are acting quasi-auto. Pretty rich buds but a ways to go.
Two are acting like monster Fotos and I grow them as such. I keep pruning them and they keep splitting.
I’ll let everything grow as it wants.
If they want to be autos, auto it is. If they want to be Fotos, Fotos it is.
I’m going to let the two monster fotos go full season and see what I get.
I’ve never grown a foto outside my tent. Looking forward to see what I get.

2 Likes

The Rogue Banner auto lives ! I was almost ready to re-pot her but I decided to just add my second Viparspectra P-2000 to the 4x4 tent for more light. I didnt use it at first because I was only doing 3 plants for my first ever grow and was going to use it for adding more plants next grow. Huge difference. After I kicked up my filter fan to balance out the extra heat she is just starting to flower now and looking to dwarf my other two babies already well into flower. Holy cow…you would think I actually almost knew what I was doing for a newb…lol.

3 Likes

Man, let me tell you, I love me some Banner.

Meeee tooo!! I don’t have any pictures of them left but I’m popping my last five BB’s next run :fire::fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

Lol… I almost threw this middle plant out. It literally stopped growing for about 3 weeks while the other two were already into flower. All BB #3 auto planted same time. I tried everything and was almost ready to transplant but just decided to trash it instead. It was like someone flipped a switch overnight - now its almost 3 ft tall and towers above the others. :flushed:

1 Like

Other than it going hermie, there was no downside to letting her grow.
Just like our human kids, they have moods and growth spurts.
Congratulations. She looks great!

2 Likes

I’m figuring about another week or so before harvest on the front two BB’s. Still ckng tri’s. As for Tiny in the back who spent most of her life about 6 inches high… I really need my tent for the dry so Im gonna finish giant BB outside. I would be happy with an ounce or so harvest being its my first auto grow. Next one will be better :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yep! And in the case of some strains, it seems she just had a phenotype that REALLY EXPRESSED its Sativa side! Sativas (and hence why there are not more TRUE 100% Sativas) is that they can take nearly 12 + weeks to FLOWER, and that is AFTER a 5 month vegetating time!!! (remember- In the Equator, it is nearly 12-12 all the time. 6 am to 6 pm. We were stationed at Panama :wink: ) Bruce Banner(Banger, etc) is a sativa pheno hybrid that is still not 100% stable. It is not uncommon to get some weird “phenotypes” out there! Even among autos or “fast buds- fast growers”. I once had an “auto” I had to manually FLIP and she took nearly 7 months from start to finish indoors. We named her AUDREY (A few old timers may remember me mentioning her!) she outgrew two tents and we had to resort to SEVERE Kyle Kushman Super-cropping and such to make her fit in a 5 x 5!!! (At the time, it was WINTER in IL). Just my 2 cents. You probably got a plant that is expressing A LOT of Sativa Heritage!!! CLIP clones NOW, if you are a heavy SATIVA fan! You have some rare genetics possibly surfacing! Good luck!
Warmly,
Jackie

3 Likes

When you take her outside expose her slowly to the sun. Maybe find a mostly shady spot for the first few days, then gradually move to a sunny spot.
I think you should get about an Oz from the front two. Looks good so far. Keep up the good work.

I see a lot of white pistils still, I’d say 2 to 3 weeks still (so maybe 2 from now). Let them fatten up and ripen! I had a Pennywise auto about the same size as those two, got 2-1/4 oz from her. Nice job so far, but let 'em ride a while longer!

1 Like

Never judge a plant midstream. They all seem to have “quiet time” and “growth spurts”. My runt is turning out to be my monster plant this grow.

4 Likes

Let the problem child go longer and Save the seeds from the herm
When I breed with landraised the next year’s seeds have couple that herm on there own but the seeds that come from those herms first grow out they don’t

I love that you’re helping family get medicine I know you’re pain and struggles with the state laws

My state just started allowing cbd farms to grow
And cbd is good for the body and a good preventative
But for full flair ups you need the thc to take your mind off the pain or to get a full night of rest

From one southerner to another I feel your struggles

1 Like

How did it end up? Good yield?

Just under 5 oz dried, trimmed, and cured from 2 plants… not bad for first grow. Third plant I trashed —what tiny flowers there were smelled really bad. My new grow (GH4 autos) are 28 days old…but holy cow the stalks are 1/2 and 3/4 inch thick already…they are like freaking trees. Is this normal ?