Random questions no specific topic!

Damn…now you got Taylor Swift stuck in my head
““LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DEEEUEW””

2 Likes

Well, I’m just grateful that I don’t know that song or any of her songs so it won’t have a chance of getting stuck in my head. :rofl: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

My autistic son sings it all the time when we make him DO SOMETHING. Drives me nuts and he accentuates the DEEEEUEW and nails it

2 Likes

Hahaha! Don’t you love that? I have a tendency to get bad songs stuck in my head at times.

1 Like

I have an autistic grandson that can sing that whole song, you made me laugh just thinking about it

1 Like

It must be something with Autism. He knows every word, doesn’t miss a beat, has perfect pitch. It was how we discovered he was on the spectrum.

1 Like

No offense to y’all, but ever since that song was posted…

And y’all are awfully low key today, get the funk out.

Ours was nonverbal until he was 4. I haven’t figured out how to divert him from that song(or others) once he starts. He likes the concert version time length. Haha

1 Like

Both of my husband’s sons are autistic, as well. One is a fantastic artist, the other performer.

Have you tried diverting with giving him an instrument?

I have not but my Son has gotten him a keyboard for Christmas. He is learning so fast it is scary.

1 Like

I see lots of instruments in your future. What a beautiful thing. I bet a violin or similar would be a winner, too.

1 Like

I play guitar. He has interest in learning that. My wife wants to get him a small beginners version for now he is only nine.

1 Like

He’s autistic. I think you will be good to go straight to band practice. Saying that, I do understand the need for caution because it could just be forgotten.

We are a musical family here. I grew up on Broadway, musicals (Rogers & Hammerstein,etc) Opera, and more. My wife is concert pianist quality…a site reader, her dad was keyboards in a Rock & Roll band and a Music Major masters degree. My friend Gary Powell is a drummer for 50 + years and was Merle Haggard s best friend, played with him, Willie, Steve Miller, and Many many more. He met my son just about a year ago while we were up at the cabin. He caught him tapping to a song as was amazed at his timing. We came home last summer, put drumsticks in his hands and we have a John Bonham on our hands. It is so amazing to see what autism can do to musical talent. He was rocking before he could walk. He would hold on the tv stand and rock to music. By 2, he could sing an entire song after hearing it only 1 time. We gave him singing lessons but when the time came to perform, the social pressure was too much as was the noise from a band. He is high function and never shuts up…just the opposite of non verbal but his anxiety gets to him in social settings…So I play the guitar, my wife the piano and John Bangs the drums…like a madman across the water.
Here is our music area (christmas pic)

He is also a gamer. That has become his current passion.

2 Likes

Your son sounds like a great kid! My son also loves to play music He is self-taught keyboardist and guitar player ( which did not get from me because I can barely play an FM radio let a loan an instrument.) But he has been a passionate gamer since before he could walk. He is now the captain on the Esports team for Missouri State University they sponsor him to travel around to other colleges and play video games. And when he is not in college he is a sponsored player and they sponsor him to travel to tournaments ,which were all canceled last year. Which was horrible because we really enjoy traveling to tournaments with him. His real passion is computers though self-taught most of his computer skills. In 10th grade his teacher told us he was going to have to go back to school because my son was more advanced than he was and he needed to take courses to learn something to teach him in 11th grade. He finished fourth out of 4222 kids in the National gaming programing competition. He just turned 20 last week and I’m very proud of him and my other two boys they all have grown up to be fabulous men! Just a shout out to my boys from a proud dad!!
:v: peace

2 Likes

Your entire paragraph has brought so much happiness to me right now. I’m smiling ear to ear. What a great thing to start my day with. That is really awesome and thank you so much for loving your children the way that you do. :heartpulse: :heartpulse:

2 Likes

I think y’all have adapted enough to me and my shamanic ways, along with the side of menopause/PD/Gaucher’s, so I feel comfortable saying this.

I have a sense of that feeling of a shoe about to drop. This world is heavy right now and I can tell you with certainty, if you (meaning any one of you who happen across this) are struggling with something, remember that if you are uncomfortable, so are the other parties. We are always vibrational matches of some sort, for good or ill. Sometimes conflict is meant to spin us out of the place we are not meant to be, no matter what that ‘place’ is. We are all learning new ways to adapting and overcoming, but we don’t need to tear ourselves down or anyone else because it doesn’t solve a thing, it only prolongs that heavy feeling.

Anyway, this message is ambiguous at best, I know, and I can assure you it’s not directed to any one person, place, or thing. I came to my screen two other times and ignored it. I work in numbers of three, so, here you go. Here’s to hoping y’all don’t regret inviting me here because I’m really enjoying not hiding who I AM anymore.

Here’s a little clearing for everyone. Much love and peace! :v: :heartpulse:

PS: if anyone happens to have some dried oak that has been struck by lightning, I would love to procure it from you. If you want/need a reading let me know.

2 Likes

Good evening…interesting reading your post. I wonder if we might have more in common. Are you familiar with the A.R.E. (Edgar Cayce)?

1 Like

I am. :slight_smile: His center is located in my hometown. His path is similar, but not quite, to mine. Is that where you are?

1 Like

how much oak do you need?