Random questions no specific topic!

This is the thread to ask random questions so you do not get flagged for being off-topic. There are no specific topics in this thread to be flagged for.

7 Likes

Excellent idea sir. Much needed

1 Like

Ok, here’s a random question:

Who here actually “flushes” their plants prior to harvest?

I never have. I will simply water regularly without any nutes for the last 10 days to 2 weeks. Runoff is just as normal as any time throughout the grow.

3 Likes

Technically I do not flush my plants either I do like you and just use water the last couple weeks before Harvest I try not to put any chemicals in my dirt to start with.

2 Likes

Ok here is random. What strains of pitcher plants and sundews are best suited for companion planting in the grow room?

2 Likes

That sounds like a question for @kmac03

2 Likes

Watering without any nutes is FLUSHING. It is impossible to remove all nutrients, minerals, etc., from SOIL. Coco or peat or rockwool, peyton rocks…yes, they can flush clean but not soil.

@dmtscravey - I was wondering why some of my responses were being deleted. I did not know it was due to asking / answering the wrong question under the wrong heading. I have seen many headings where the questions, answers, statements have nothing to do with the heading

2 Likes

@Mrb53004 I’m hoping by having this thread the “community” as it says won’t sensor our conversations for being “out of topic”. Because God knows I have a lot of out of topic thoughts and questions LOL. And as far as that flushing thing I know a couple of Growers here in my town they literally flooded their plant with 5 gallons of water in flush everything out of their dirt. I have way too big a containers to mess with anything like that and I don’t need to because I don’t put that much bad chemicals in the dirt to start with. And yes you’re right I do flush my plants because I give them nothing but water for the last couple weeks.

3 Likes

When we add Molasses to the mix, it negates the need to flush too (for the hydro, cocoa, peat only growers)

4 Likes

Thanks for thinking of me, I’m clueless about that as I’ve only seen them in the swamp back home. :v:

Are there new rules to be following? If I’m welcome here, this would be important to know because I told about four of my mentors on a conference call today that I was using your seeds and would be documenting here. Also, I’m sharing some of these seeds out to people like me who I would like to join me here. If me and my kind are preferred elsewhere, let me know, no harm no foul.

A little unsolicited info:

It’s freakin’ conference season in the herbalist/medicinal farming world. Not only did I speak to my future farming mentors today, but the other herbalists, like I said. I thought I would share with you that about 75% (10 people) of them stated they didn’t like coming to forums (not this place specifically) to learn because they felt they had to have a PhD just to talk to someone (some do have PhDs) when they just needed to know about something specific and they didn’t feel welcomed. I’ve witnessed this, experienced it, and participated in it myself, both ways. I promise, even people who don’t have big vocabularies might be smarter than you and I. I’ve been humbled many times while rendering patient care when I decided my arrogance needed to take precedence. Ever tried to help someone who thinks you are speaking a completely different language? It doesn’t work.

Is this a place for us?

1 Like

You better believe it. It is a place for the knowledgeable, the UN knowledgeable, those proficient in communications and those who are not. I have been in IT for 30+ years was very successful. I believe it was becasue I came from BIG BUSINESS, I wanted to bring to the smaller sects the things that the big boys had but without the gibberish. A truly intelligent person knows how to converse with people on Their level, not his/her own. We get you, you get us and we have found a common denominator that takes down the tower of Babel.

5 Likes

Thank you, @Mrb53004. <3 I’m protective and I’m trying to open up for healing in trust/faith. I appreciate your patience.

2 Likes

Also, I think every single person in the United States needs to redirect their energy into growing something.

6 Likes

As far as I’m concerned everybody is welcomed on this form. I myself I consider myself a novice indoor grower and yet people on here have treated me like I am a professional who knows much more than I really do. And I have been asked questions and I have asked questions and both were answered well so yes anyone from a PhD do a high school dropout like myself can come on here and be talked to with respect and admiration and fun and everything that makes life well. NOW,they have been censoring my comments and deleting them for me so I did start a thread that says no particular topic so they will stop deleting my comments for being off-topic for the thread so if all else fails kmac03 we will all meet there and talk about things they don’t want us to anywhere else. Welcome back to the Forum hope all is growing well for you have a great night.:v::grin:

4 Likes

Hahaha! You tickle me. Goodnight! :v:

1 Like

Since pitcher plants are carnivorous I would think most varieties, but you would have to watch the amount of light they receive.

1 Like

Food for thought.

PS: What does regular next to my name mean?

1 Like

That you are a regular, not irregular, unregular, irregular. It has nothing to do with constipation. But you do come here on a regular basis…so you are regular
Please forgive me for poking at and trying to have some fun with you

2 Likes

No forgiveness needed. :slight_smile: I got it and I’m smirking for real.

Ahhh, see what you did? Now, I’m thinking of irregular regular cardiac rhythms from paramedic school. That was hell, but good times in the OR which I’m verbalizing because my stories are inappropriate for a civilian audience. I like how I’m redirecting myself in this moment. See what you did? Thank you!

2 Likes