R.S.O full spectrum oil

Hello grow community I have another question regarding different way to medicate and I want to know how I could make the best pure most potent R.S.O oil due to my serious and chronic gastrointestinal issues nausea and vomiting I want to find other easier ways to intake this medicine . I love to smoke cured flower but I want to try more medicinal convenient and effective approach possibly. Is R.S.O best and most potent using cured flower? Or as soon as harvest day ??? What is full spectrum Rso ???I would really appreciate the help ideas and thoughts of other people with serious health issues who make their own rso oil other than edibles smoking etc @Kronic

1 Like

@MDBuds is very knowledgeable on these matters.
These links may help; Ask MD Buds (cultivars and terpenes for medicinal use) - #91 by MDBuds
Dosing Home-made tinctures and oils - #89 by MDBuds

3 Likes

@Sirdabzalot if you have bad chronic gastrointestinal issues with nausea and vomiting the best way to medicate without smoking first is to use a sublingual tincture/oil. That way it gets absorbed into your blood before reaching the stomach so you can still medicate without losing the medicine if you have a bout of nausea and vomiting before you’d be able to digest and process RSO or edibles made with RSO.

To make it you’d need the proper cultivar first. I’d suggest a purple strain that helps with nausea and inflammation that’s also high in cbd. Something like the CBD Zkittelz or CBD blueberry offered at homegrown will work. The CBD mango would be good too even though it doesn’t get much purple in it.

Cultivars high in anthocyanins and cbd are great at treating inflammation and since many gastrointestinal issues are caused by inflammation these will likely help those issues along with the nausea.

You’d want to extract the anthocyanins along with the thc/cbd/terpenes so your best bet at home would be a low heat press with a rosin press to extract the anthocyanins. Once you collect that you can increase the heat and press the flower a second time and just mix both presses together. I had a YouTube video on how to do this but my YouTube got taken down so I’ll share a video once I get my YouTube back up.

Once you have your rosin pressed you can put the rosin in a decarb chamber to decarb it. Once decarbed you can then either infuse some alcohol or some extra virgin olive oil with the rosin to make a tincture/oil. Then you just take a few drops by mouth under the tongue and just hold it under your tongue for a minute or two before you swallow it.

This should help curb symptoms long enough to be able to medicate with some RSO or an edible.

As far as pure rso at home if you don’t have a soxhlet extractor you can just do the normal RSO method but instead of heating it on a stove or in a rice cooker you let it evap at room temperature and every few days filter it through some organic unbleached coffee filters into a clean container.

2 Likes

This is really helpful information dealing with issues daily can take a toll. I will check those strains out and research more about them. should I dry and cure flower to make any of these or is it best freshly harvested what is the difference ?

2 Likes

@Sirdabzalot to do the fresh flower purple rosin (rosin with anthocyanins) it needs to be within 5 days of harvest before dry and cure and before decarb.

2 Likes

@Sirdabzalot for the rso you would need to decarb first after drying. No cure needed.

2 Likes

I hope to get a great quality medicine yield and share my experience making and using FECO or RSO as a different form of perhaps obtaining every medicinal benefit of the plant possible and how effective this incredible flowers can be ! Home grown cbd genetics look great !

2 Likes

For decarb is 240F• at 40 min ideal ?

I’ve read it depends on strains and other factors and I’d best broken down into smaller popcorn size when decarbing in heat

1 Like

Yes, while rotating every ten minutes for even heat distribution. I cut branches that were longer on a decarb last week, went 240/40 and it worked very well.

1 Like