Question for Sumbody

Are all auto flower plants feminized? I was looking at lemon haze and found fems. And autos, but not together. I’m wanting to try some autos. but need to know. Thanks to all. Growing in hydro box. 6oo mars

2 Likes

I think I know the answer, but as a person who has grown an auto once, I should probably wait for someone else to come along. Hope you don’t mind.

A little hold music.

3 Likes

yes, male autoflowering plants most certainly do exist. Sometimes as Hermies but they exist. It is rare.
Regular autoflowering cannabis seeds will produce plants that have 50% chance of being a males or females and there can be variations to this percentage but if you grow large enough sample size it will become closer and closer to the 50/50 of male and female ratio. There are some studies that show that environmental factor can influence cannabis plant sex and usually stressed plants tend to turn into males but it is not scientifically proven why this happens and in fact it is nothing more than an observation. Many growers say that they have a larger % of males if plants get exposed to any kind of a stress (heat, nutrients, humidity) but that also has not been proven.

2 Likes

I should take some bag seeds and stress them out in different conditions so folks can see it happening. Otherwise, you don’t know, until you know, you know? :crazy_face:

3 Likes

@Rusty Yep :slight_smile: breeders just use selfing with CS sprays to make them feminized, as that’s what the consumer wants. Also photoperiod to ruderalis male crosses carry so many variation in traits I don’t believe most breeders use them, as you would want to back cross into the original mother or father who has the autoflower traits you’re seeking. Generally a female ruderalis is paired with a female or male photoperiod to eventually create autoflowers.

2 Likes

@Mrb53004 That’s a Hermaphrodite, not a true male :wink: True male ruderalis / autoflower whatever you want to call them exist :slight_smile: Much love!

1 Like

I’ve never had one that wasn’t. You should try the Dwarf plants if you want shot bushy plants. 18 to 22". The White widows stay pretty shot too. I always top the window and she pops out 3 or 4 more buds. Have fun.