Question about molasses?

Is this the right stuff? And how much do I use? It drops PH big time.

3 Likes

@DDDDave 1 tsp per gallon up to 2 tbsp per gallon for soil every 4 weeks.

1/4 to 1 tsp every feeding hyrdo.

3 Likes

@DDDDave are you using it for the molasses or for the ph drop? Soil or hydro? If soil I would get the blackstrap molasses if you are using it for the molasses benefit. Blackstrap dosent effect ph much.

2 Likes

I see MDbuds answered while i was typing. Definitely use his advice my experience is waaay more limited.

1 Like

@MDBuds. I did 1 tsp per gallon. My PH dropped almost 3 whole points. I dipped my 1 tsp to just cover it and use it. Still dropped it a ton. Water PH is 6.3.

1 Like

@DDDDave are you aerating and mixing it? You’re supposed to aerate the molasses in the water a little at a time. It’ll foam up. Use it after 24 hours of aerating.

6 Likes

I’m putting it in my note book as well. Thats good stuff

2 Likes

@MDBuds. No I didnt. I can do that. I’m a fish geek. Lol. Thanks for the help and great advice again.

2 Likes

@DDDDave not a problem man. Happy growing. :v:

2 Likes

Aerating is something we should all do every water/feeding. Not only does it add additional O2 to the water it mixes any feed/supplements, and in some cases allows beneficial bacteria to establish themselves.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Good looking grow. Nice set up.

1 Like

So should I be doing this with mine also every feeding? Aerating my molasses and water mixture? And also can I continue to feed my foxfarm big bloom or tiger bloom with the molasses?

3 Likes

@dmtscravey yes. Or you can just shake it really good. Also the fox farm big bloom and tiger bloom together with the molasses will have your feeding ph around 5.5 so you’d want to use some ph up which is why I use liquid kelp in every feeding too because it’s more alkaline and has an average ph of 9 and will bring your solution back close to neutral.

3 Likes

Is there a certain brand you recommend? Or will any and all liquid kelp do? I do not want to risk messing this grow up these girls are fabulous! I’ll crowd This Thread up also with today’s pick just to show you how they’re doing this morning

4 Likes

@dmtscravey yeah any brand will do. I just usually pick up what I can find at my local stores. If they don’t have any I’ll just order some.

This is the one I am currently using and it works great.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089KV1ZTJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_NU23FbCQHF28C?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Those ladies are looking gorgeous this morning. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Okay I will pick some of this up and that’s the brand I was looking at I just use the Amazon a lot because I do not personally like to go in stores right now with this whole virus thing and everybody being an idiot and now even the real Crooks have to wear masks ( the people who hike prices up during a pandemic) so you never know who to trust.

3 Likes

Has anyone ever tried wood ash i use it and it has potassium, phosphorus,manganese,iron,zinc and calcium

5 Likes

@Daddy1971 yeah I use it for ph down sometimes depending on what my plants need.

3 Likes

Here is what I use. And I mix 6 tsp to 1gallon of water. And shake my brains out till throughly mixed. Because I am working on getting an aeration stone and air pump for mixes. Got to get me some liquid kelp or seaweed for the mix.images (1)

6 Likes