Purple Haze Lady ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Its funny Ive been growing these amazing Purple Haze girls for some time now and never really managed to get them to go purple untill now, not realising my ph pen was not dialed in correctly and was showing 6.5ph but in reality it was 5.5ph, im growing in soil using biobizz and after adjusting my ph pen now wanting to feed her with the proper ph but really dont want to lose the amazing purple flower, and know as well it could be down to the genetics and Purple haze isnโ€™t always purple but I have been waiting forca girl to do this for ages, Anyone else had similar experiences??

3 Likes

Anthocyanin is produced in higher quantities in a more neutral ph. Genetics of course is the most important part, but If you already have good genetics sourced and youโ€™re shooting for the purplest of the purple you can get try to keep your ph around 6.8, use a light that has UV and IR in the spectrum with high intensity, and let them get cold with a difference of 10-15 degrees from day to night temperature.

But I have also had similar experiences with a strain not turning for me until I learned how to control the environment better. Even then I had some that no matter what I did even with the same fem seeds from the same breeder they just wouldnโ€™t turn. Thatโ€™s genetics for you. Lol

3 Likes

What MDBuds suggested is pretty much dead on! Also Purpinator is a great additive to help organically pull more color tones :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow thatโ€™s still a decent looking bud

2 Likes

I love the classics! Grew a bunch of PH last season, never cared much about the purple color. By the time I was done with them, they were grey, as in ashes :grin:

2 Likes