Purple bud with purpinator

It’s the first time I’ve tryd purpinator and well the pictures speak for their selfs I’m really looking forward to seeing and trying it once it’s been cured

9 Likes

You will also notice a difference in the terpene profile. Those tend to make the plant push more of the pine/lemony terpes to the forefront.

You can actually purchase those same ingredients individually and make your own. Or if you use them in a hydro setup just need to adjust them.

3 Likes

I grow in soil and they have a really strong freshly cut sandal wood scent im not sure if thats their usual scent its my first run of this strain "sensi seeds purple bud "

3 Likes

IMHO…I started to HOME grow myself becasue of the exaggerated cost at the dispensaries BUT ALSO becasue I knew I could grow a cleaner, better tasting / smoking product.
I am not a fan of the chems to bring out the flavours…We have so many alternatives, like; UVA/UVB bulbs, IR, cold shock, companion planting (like basil, chamomile) to bring / develop the natural terps, I don’t want to ingest / inhale chems any more…I did enough of that when I was young
Once you go clean, you really do not want to go back. That little extra was not worth it to me

4 Likes

What’s a PERPINATOR ??
Last 2 summers I’ve grown Purple Bud outdoors…Nice yield and good high…Average taste…Probably from hot outdoors weather no memorable flavor

2 Likes

Purpinator I bought it from the grow shop it’s a tub of chemicals that enhance any purple colour that you may have in whatever strain your growing I’ve been growing indica’s for 10 yrs I don’t grow sativa i dont like sativa buzz and this is the first time I’ve had any purple buds I’ve tryd before different things cold water etc my temperature stays between 25 --30 c year round so low temps I can’t do

2 Likes

Thanks. Now I know…Might have to try it…Have you grown pretty colorful bods using cold water ? If so, what else do you do ?

1 Like

Well it salts like potassium sulphate, monopotassium phosphate, manganese, potassium nitrate, and I think they have calcium added to theirs.

The exact same nutrients in any hydroponic nutrient line, or most water soluble nutrients, for mid to late bloom.

Even your soil will break down some organic nutes to these base salts for the plants to use. Over use and lack of drying curing time is what makes a lot of the complaints about the taste of hydro happen.

2 Likes

Strain of plant has tons to do with the color profile imo. Using only liquidirt as nutrients. This was my first grow but I got some lovely green/purp mix on gelato strain type. ( I think that’s what it was) I’m now attempting blueberry haze which looks purp in the pics so hoping for some to turn up. Adding more nuts this time. Good luck with yours! Happy growing

1 Like

Theirs a few ways to encourage your plant to show purple other than purpinator if the temperature drops by 20 degrees or more each night , or flush with ice cold water and ice but hey I’ve got their or getting their finally

1 Like

Herewith purple (GrandDaddyPurp) using NO nutrients to achieve…just TEMP control

And here is some Bubba Kush, just using temps…

you can achieve terp and color development using temperature

4 Likes

Nice, look how pretty that that is!!!

1 Like

Fair play They look too nice to smoke the purple in my plants is down to genetics ive got 4 plants im giving 3 purpinator 1 no purpinator to see if it makes a difference

2 Likes

@Hippy1978 they look Potent :v:

6 Likes

Yes they do im kinda jealous, find that pigeon an fly one this way!! Lol :+1::+1:beautiful

1 Like

@Hippy1978 i was saying yours are Beautiful i’m not very good at chatting words i tend to abreveate

1 Like

You’re also very stingy. He likes to dangle his @DollarBill at us like that commercial and then disappear into the night to keep us baited. :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

This was suppose to be Candy Cream from HGCC? The other Candy Creams are green.

1 Like

@kmac03 you know how to tease me :innocent: Automatic Tease Back

GIF_20210209_090407

1 Like

Hahaha! What? :rofl: :upside_down_face: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: