Probably a dumb question

I have led’s with veg and bloom options. growing Autos what happens if both options are on at the same time?

3 Likes

Following for knowledge. One day I will grow one.

3 Likes

Hello no question is a dumb question!! Since you’re growing autos it really doesn’t matter because so long as they are getting at least 6 to 8 hours of light they will begin to flower and bud. Most people that have both of those buttons I’ve heard they turn both of them on in vege ,but don’t quote me I’m new too. I’m sure someone else will jump With more reliable information, happy growing

4 Likes

This is my first grow. I am a pretty good gardener but this is different. I am learning tons and having a blast. They say you learn from your mistakes I should be a really good grower lol. I am amazed how resilient these autos are. I am also grateful. Lots yet to learn.

3 Likes

Thanks I actually did have both on during veg. Now that the girls are in flower I have them on bloom. Mainly because they are stretching fast and I may run out of height before we are done. I do not want to light burn and stress them more than I have to

2 Likes

:crazy_face: :v:t2:

2 Likes

Sounds like you have a plan. Mentioning height look on YouTube to learn about LST & SCROG to control your height.

You weave your stems out to control height & increase light to lower bud sights.

You’ll learn alot on this forum

5 Likes

Thanks I am learning a lot. The collective knowledge on here keeps an old guy humble

3 Likes

@MoOG if you use it with both switches on you’re just using it as a full spectrum light. It won’t cause any harm.

4 Likes

Thank you. I feel better now. So the full spectrum during veg won’t affect the veg, and during flower will not make a difference for bud growth?

3 Likes

@MoOG I have a full spectrum light 20 hrs a day. It works. Trust these guys. My tent yesterday.

4 Likes

@MoOG it actually will make a difference for both. It will root better and have denser buds being used full spectrum. I always use my blurple lights full spectrum unless I need to save power.

2 Likes

Thank you this info helps more than you know. Or maybe you do :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:

1 Like

That looks tasty. I am looking forward to that. My girls in week 1 of flower.

1 Like

I would say since your growing Autos nothing will happen it just gives the plant the full spectrum its whole life instead of separating the veg from the bloom spectrum’s.

3 Likes

So I only run my veg lights until flip should I just be running them full bore the whole time veg and Bloom? I hadn’t actually thought of doing it till now when I answered @Moog?

2 Likes

@dmtscravey yeah you can run them full spectrum the whole time. Just start with the veg spec and adjust the seedlings to the intensity first then raise it and go full spec.

4 Likes

I don’t change my lights from veg to bloom I run the bloom because it gives me the most light for the buck and I use HTG supply for my tent and carbon filters I use fox farm soils. I run the ph in the 6-7 range and I don’t try to get the same number it’s a range that will give my plants different nutrients and I have been very satisfied with this. I hope this helps you. Stay safe and grow happy

thanks it does help. I am using ffof and living soil auto nutrients. I have seen that some do not like ff because it is too hot but it has worked well for me. I have basically used my leds full spectrum but am being careful on distance…This has worked well for me so far.

Thank you for your answer. I ‘assumed’ that when the plants were in the veg state that turning the lights to only 50% intensity was used because it would give more the blue light, and the 80-100% was where the red hues come from. Thanks for letting me know I was wrong (gee…what a shock NOT!)

1 Like