Probably a dumb question

Well, now I’m just totally lost. Am I not running my lights right? :no_mouth:

@Kris and @kmac03 this question and my response was about running those blurple led lights with a veg and bloom switch. If I recall you ladies use full spectrum lights already without the switches.

@Kris with a full spec light dimming for veg and seedling is just to adjust the plants to the intensity and it also helps save on power.

@kmac03 you’re using your lights just fine. We’ve talked about your mars sp a few times. Lol

3 Likes

I thought so, but you know how it goes when multiple light threads come up at once. I get the urge to go wreck everything because I feel like I should be doing something more. I do it to myself. Thanks for setting me straight, again! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Lol should I be sorry I asked? I asked because from questions and research I started the sprouts on veg for about a week after they recovered from early stretching. And it seemed to help them grow well during veg. Then I have had them under full spectrum. I was making sure that my newby methods will not be stressful on the plants. The experience and advice I have and am getting here is amazing. And the seeds so far have performed as stated. I am a why guy so this is perfect for me. Thank you all

3 Likes

You have started a hobby that requires neat gadgets and there is always a great light debate no matter where you go. My problem is, I have switches on my lights I’ve never used before and I don’t know what they do. However, as @MDBuds said, I’m doing just fine as I am and I’m getting closer to harvest, so I don’t need to do anything. But, I’m still hyper-fixated on the switches I’ve never used before and I used to have the ability to press buttons and use a lot of gadgets in my former life.

2 Likes

@MoOG I get the feeling that what myself and others have said about FF OF being a hot mix mabey to hot for some strains is a criticism or shows unhappiness in the product. Nothing could be farther from the truth for me at least. I love Fox Farm OF and use it from seedling to bloom with very little supplements (i cant help myself) with very good success. It has been wonderfull for GDP, Blue Dream and Mimosa. However when I tried Geloto and CBD AC/DC they suffered such bad nute burn that they had to be transplanted to save them. In fairness to the Gelato I only kept a single seedling so it could have been a phenotype isolated sensitivity.

3 Likes

Thanks for that. I simply meant that each of us has a preference. I am not a chemical guy. That is a preference. I at this point have not had a nute burn issue. I have a gelato auto in early veg and so far so good. I for one just appreciate the different views because it increases my knowledge and helps me be aware to check for these issues.

5 Likes

I have had great results useing happy frog for seedlings and ocean forest for the rest a I use ther nutrients for supplemental a I use that a a third of what is called for and I have never had a Burundi cal mag at half a time a week and if they look a k
Little hungry I go every other watering and I run ph in the range of 6-7 and I don’t want to hit the same ph every time

2 Likes

:laughing: Flower Time GIF_20210126_182445

Yes, autos are easy. I dunno what kind of LEDs you’re using but sounds like the old “Blurple” type, Amazon $100 lights. Myself, I stick with good brands, white with infrared diodes incl. Myself, I would absolutely keep both “bloom” & “veg” on at all times ( yes, autos do need “sleep”. I use 18 hrs on & 6 off, even with autos) Did you know autos are decent strains cross-bred with a 3rd type of weed, Ruderal. There’s Indica, Sativa & Ruderalis. The Ruds are very short, small & flower/bud without changing your light cycle. Therefore say White Widow autos only grow 12, 18" tall. Great for indoors in a small tent but they will be midgets thus alot less yield. Good luck & Happy Gardening!

2 Likes

@DDDDave :sunglasses: Nice Grow bro, good job

2 Likes

I’m so a why person… comes from being a writer. My head continually asks why – instead of just saying, oh, cool the advise is good just go with it. It’s ok… So, full spectrum start to finish with LED. Shouldn’t seedlings be more blue? Oh, here I go again?

1 Like