Planting seeds and lighting!

I just planted the seed now and am unsure if I should begin light schedule now or wait until a sprout :seedling: pop up the dirt then light ?

1 Like

@Sirdabzalot in the situation you describe I would wait until I see the seed sprout and the cap falls off and round leaves appear before I would use any light and then start off with minimal light until that first set of leaves come out and then increase light with each set of new leaves until you get full light.

1 Like

If this is your only plant you can wait until she breaks thru your soil just don’t forget to check daily or you could end up with a leggy pale seedling if she breaks ground before you turn on the lights know sounds impossible but been there done that I leave the veg lights on these days

1 Like

The soul needs to be warm for the seedlings to come up

2 Likes

It just didn’t make sense to me to put it under light if it still hasn’t even pop out of soil yet like waisting electricity and would make more sense to start light as soon as I see something come up.

1 Like

Up to you happy growing

1 Like

I could be wrong :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: theirs lots on new research and information was wondering how the majority did it

1 Like

Look at it like this you put seed in garden water it let sun bring it up

2 Likes