Outdoor advice please

Ok so I’ve got 3 pineapple autos and 2 white widow autos im about to put outside.
Neither strain I’ve grown outside before, I was wondering if anyone has experience with these beauties outside and if so any advice would be appreciated. Im not sure if I should train them or just let them do their own thing.

Edit: its been over 10 years sense my last outdoor grow and I’ve never put autos outside. Will update with pictures later

3 Likes

Subbed. Im considering a move outside for a couple of my girls too. Photoperiods though.

You got a place picked out? That’s what I’m wrestling with.

I made some clones of the girls I’ve got in flower right now - they were some lower branches I decided to prune away but I couldn’t bring myself to toss them in the compost pile.

Since that time, I bought more seeds and the idea of doing a second run of the exact same plants lost a bit of appeal. So I ended popping 6 new seeds - 2 Strawberry Cough, 2 Girl Scout Cookies, and 2 Blue Cheese (WNYer ought to understand that choice).

Pretty soon I’ll run out of space for all of them. I already gave a couple away.

2 Likes

Yea I built a box for them today to keep the deer out and them waskawy wabbits

Needs a bit more wire bur almost done

5 Likes

Nice Work! :+1:

The veggie garden is the obvious choice here.

4 Likes

Wow thats one hell of a spread…:clap:well done :beers:
:rofl: and yea the blue cheese was one i had to try once I saw them

2 Likes

I grew much pineapple and if it is not too hot, it grows GREAT OUTDOORS. I only had Pin autos but they were like 2 liter bottles…no topping, fimming or lst. I usually do not touch outdoor grows but indoors I do but not this or lemon strain. I do not touch the fruity strains. WW…yeah baby, she likes to be managed

1 Like

Thanks Mike, I’ll keep a photo journal n post periodically. My widows are at 20" already. Pins are about 22" atm

I’ve grown only indoors and photos for the last 3+ years. Decided to try autos and outdoor growing for the first time. The strains were a lemon haze and white widow.
The lemon haze was looking and smelling phenomenal, then the wet period we’ve had began to mold the girl. Had to chop it about 2 weeks early and lost roughly 10% of the overall weight.
The white widow, although it showed no molded, was also cut down as a precaution.
One main thing I’ve noticed with autos that really concerned me at first was the truly odd looking leaves and the overall inconsistency of each node. In comparing the white widow autos/photos, the leaf structure is the first thing that hit me - secondly it was how airy the auto buds were. Again, my first time for outdoors and autos, so I’m sure some of this may account to human error. LOL

4 Likes

Yea this will be my first attempt at outdooring autos so fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: …and a new location in general…being back out in the country im enjoying my liberties and as my state is slowly opening personal medical grows this will be my first time not worrying about choppers :expressionless: :upside_down_face: :partying_face:

4 Likes

I trained 2 white widow and 2 pineapple, I couldnt stop myself but I did leave the smaller pineapple alone. Here’s to hoping the rain holds for a bit. :crossed_fingers:
I could use some advice on outdoor home made organic pesticides.

2 Likes

4 Likes

This is my 1st outdoor attempt got 3 autos. OGK, EMA & Frankenstein.

Happy growing & I’m excited to see how things go

4 Likes

I planted some basil & mint to deter pests​:+1:t4::+1:t4:

4 Likes

That’s not a bad idea I’ve got some of those in my garden. :thinking: I’ll transplant some into pots n surround my ladies

2 Likes

We planted basil as a companion for our tomatoes. The dogs got combed out today too and I spread it out around the plants. Then I peed on it. :rofl:

2 Likes

Yea im definitely partial to marking the corners myself :rofl:. I cut my hair the other day its out there as well

3 Likes

I posted an update the other day in someone else’s thread, thinking it was this one. :crazy_face: Realized my mistake when I started looking back a few posts lol.

It’s been 17 days, how we all looking today? Still no flowers here but I feel like it’s close. I moved them to a darker corner of the garden last weekend and I’m hoping that does the trick. They have shot up quite a bit like they’re stretching.

4 Likes

Yessssss​:+1:t4::+1:t4: They are really coming along keep us posted

1 Like

We set some calyxes today!! :grinning: Day 1 of flower!

3 Likes

I started my Jack Herera seeds indoors with a grow light and over the winter months here in the Northeast US conditions in my basement were not optimal and 6 of the twelve plants died off. In the spring around June 1, I transplanted the in various conditions to my outside garden (no protection, no special treatment other than regular watering and miracle grow. Of the 6, two survived well as seen below. I did not trim, thin or manicure in any way other than taking off an occasion al sucker shoot between some larger stems. Can I expect buds and something decent to consume in the fall? Can you advise from here on how to achieve optimal results? Thanks much. Harvey

3 Likes