Now what with germinated seeds

@MDBuds @Jared pony no want to go :grimacing:can’t blame her @Jared jared those are not red and blue flood lights. they are 8 watt LED. i’m only teasing the plant and not cooking with lights :v: @MDBuds i can’t believe i wrote that Super Plantman Stuff :laughing: man was i having fun

1 Like

Wow MD. That last one gave me nostalgia for something I’ve never experienced. Living in London my whole life, my dream is a small piece of land in the southern US, maybe some livestock and of course fields of green :pensive:

2 Likes

Most states here have legalized marijuana for medical purposes. Your little slice of green heaven is waiting.

2 Likes

@Henry they were definitely good times. I’m a northerner. More mountains and survival training than plains and farmland, but it’s still a good redneck life. :joy:

My family did have a farm and some cattle when I was younger, but we just have a small ranch style home on an acre now. Definitely is a good life though.

I fully understand the appeal of your own patch of land though and your nearest neighbors being far enough away you have peace and privacy. I still have that dream myself. I’d go for a patch in the mountains though near a lake or river. There’s a reason they call cannabis mountain money up north here. It grows amazing in the mountains and most of your neighbors grow too and trade with townies for supplies and cash. :joy:

2 Likes

Sounds like a dream mate, “A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good, and who are not accustomed to have it done to them; then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one’s neighbor — such is my idea of happiness.”

― Leo Tolstoy

3 Likes

I watched this recently, gave me even more desire to immigrate to the US. Maybe it’s the strong American influence in our culture throughout my life but this seems like dreamland!

3 Likes

If only my wife would. She don’t want to leave her family, if she said so, we would take our boys and leave tomorrow. Great Britain is not very Great anymore. Soaring property prices due to overpopulation in and around major city’s make it basically impossible to own property/house. They prices are sooooo crazy here, looking on the internet id say you get more “bang for your buck” on that side of the pond.

4 Likes

@Henry I love Tolstoy. The quote also reminded me why I always keep my immigrant heritage in mind and why I love working with immigrants. They are always so much friendlier and full of hope and American ideology than the “natives” so to speak.

“The truth is, immigrants tend to be more American than people born here.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Choke

4 Likes

Here in the mountains of eastern Oklahoma a family with modest needs can retire for life with a 4000 a month income. That comes with land home and peace of mind.

4 Likes

Immigrants usally have a fuller appreciation of the lifestyle and freedoms we have here. While most natives probably 80% or more just take it all for granted and only appreciate things fully if they are taken away.
Sad way to live.

3 Likes

@Jared @MDBuds our cabin and half acre were Willed to my wife by her daddy when he passed away at 55 year of age. i spent 7 years totally remodeling inside and out then we cleared 13 acres we bought next to us for my wifes horse. We work our tails off and when i sit down in the evening tired, sore, plumb Wore Out :grin: smoke me some and i’m Happy to :wink: Go To Sleep . wake up smoke a little more and i’m Ready to get sore and Wore Out Again

3 Likes

@DollarBill thats how we started 35 years ago. Bought 20 acres 4 miles off grid built a cabin and moved the wife and 3 daughters to the woods. I never quit working so over the years we managed to build that up to 180 acres with electricity and a water well. Now in my later years 54 we are building a small retirement cabin on 10 of the acres and giving the land to the girls. Definitely no complaints on how life has treated us.

3 Likes

@Jared that’s why we like the Mountain Sky, it’s the best Roof i ever had. since the remodel, inside i can’t smell no real air. Thinking, maybe i liked it better with all the drafts it used to have in the place because the wife has to drag me in the house. i threw away the Bell, she like to drove me nutts ringing that sucker :herb::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::v:

1 Like

@DollarBill that first cabin we built a 16 X 32 had 2 16 ft full walls on the ends but the 32 ft sides were screen from 3ft to 7ft. I made covers for winter but 8 months out of the year we let the breeze blow through. Definitely a fond memorie.

1 Like

That is unbelievable mate, with conversion rate I probably earn about that now whilst working for the Water Board, although wages here are higher in comparison to the rest of the country due to being the capital, that also means everything else is pricier too!

1 Like

Yep trick here is just staying out of debt. Real easy here to get overextended borrowing money for things you dont really need. If you get behind the 8 ball seems like you never catch up.

3 Likes

@Jared @Henry Exactly, we use to live all uppity up. That Sucked actually. i’m a 67 year old retired, married, country boy rocker now and i can’t get my wife to buy her new panties. Good Lord, the old days must of scared her to death :laughing: only thing she never told me but i know. No Matter how Uppity Up we lived we are more Secure now even if they get to call me not just Hippy but now Mountain Hippy sounds purdy darn puffing good

3 Likes

@Jared :laughing:

2 Likes

@DollarBill thats a lot of stickey traps 1 per plant for me.

2 Likes

@Jared that’s what i took from 6 plants and placed in that little tent because it’s not neccesary in our other tents

2 Likes