Now what with germinated seeds

I put newly germanated seeds into rockwool and into a seedling tray with clear hood. First 2 days no light . Now 8 hours light. I dont know what i should be doing and at what loint to put them into my net pots.

4 Likes

Put them in pots now. And welcome to the forum @Medmike. What strain are they. And what is your set up? Light, growing medium, size and material of pots, etc. You have found a cornucopia of information, read and look about to familiarize yourself with the forum and pick up tips.

2 Likes

Im going to use net pots and clay medium. And a aeroponic and dwc system. They are blue haze , blue dream, jack herer. First grow in a vivosun 5x5 tent with 8 inch chrcoal filteredfan and vivosun 1000w led.
How long light 18?

2 Likes

Yes on 18 for the light. I’ll let the dwc/hydro guys answer those. I generally run soil or a soilless/hybrid.

2 Likes

Welcome @Medmike!
You’re already getting some great advice, even though I am an older adult, I knew zilch about growing any plants, in fact I had a black thumb, however for some reason Marijuana and I have no problems growing together, but I find I am always learning! :slightly_smiling_face:
My first few grows were in 3 gallon pots with Miracle grow potting soil a 3 x 3 foot grow tent and with 5 auto plants, I still ended up with nearly 900 grams of dried cured bud/leaves (now granted I use my plants in medical tinctures and edibles and butters) so, the “smoke taste” is not as important as the terpene profile and such… But yeah. Welcome to the forums and so far your off to a great start. Plant those puppies up and happy growing! (Heck, for now you can even put them in Red solo cups with soil) there are some GREAT videos here on HomeGrown Cannabis Co. (Kyle Kushman) Here ya go!

Grow Your Own with HCC!

Happy growing :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

@Medmike welcome to the forum. At this point you should switch to 18/6 lighting schedule between 200 to 400 ppfd. As soon as the seedlings reach the second set of true leaves (three fingers or more) transplant into second or final pot under your veg light. Make sure when you transplant to use liquid kelp or calmag to reduce transplant stress and to promote rooting to avoid shock. Once transplanted and rooted begin the grow nutrient regiment for the strain. Happy growing. :v::call_me_hand::metal:

4 Likes

Are you, or anyone else, familiar with Alaska Fish Fertilizer? It is the only thing i am finding at my local hardware/garden center. I would like to know if it fulfills its job, or if it just sucks. Thanks! I really appreciate this handy/helpful forum.

2 Likes

It works. I use it in my veggie garden, have NOT used it on my cannabis as of yet. But there are others here who have and I’m sure will speak up.

1 Like

Alaska fish fertilizer is a great source of nitrogen unfortunately it isn’t very high in phosphorus or potassium (at least not the brands I have seen or used). You can effectively use it as a source of nitrogen but it will need to be supplemented with other macro and micro nutrients in your veg/grow regiment.

4 Likes

Thank you. This is very helpful.

2 Likes

@woodstock

gets mine by

1 Like

Are they autos? If so u do not transplant them u put them in the pot u intend to do your whole grow in usaley 3 gal, you run your light 18 hours on 6 hours off regardless, allways keep a fan on your plants while the lights are on

3 Likes

@DollarBill what other nutrients do you use with it though?

1 Like

@MDBuds i use nothing but Alaska Fish Oil and pure plane well water. Some Aviarie or Parakeet Electrolites a day or two after. Molasses last two waters. Harvest at the Darkest Hour just before dawn while the plant is replenishing it’s trichomes and terpenes from the work it did the day before. in design that’s where the plant build it’s strength and protection against the elements and pests :laughing: we are one of those elements and quite pesty. and GOOD GENETICS needs little or nothing

2 Likes

Ah, well water. That’s where you get your micros. What’s in your soil? @DollarBill

1 Like

@MDBuds never tested anything but the water well and only to see if it was drinking safe. i use hardwoods softwoods pine bark and good old mountain earth. The top layer say 2 inches deep i will put Potting Soil as i germinate my seeds in the soil and the seed doesn’t have be a body builder lifting weights. First week, i use a red bulb added to my lights that the plant may sense or predict or be Tricked Only into the 12/12 hues of Dusk and Dawn of Spring even though i’m on 18/6. No intense light until the second week when i introduce a blue light also only to slightly Trick the plant. Red, i set my baby root growing a Short Stem and my Seriously Deep Growing one week old Root because of that red. Blue, starts packing on some leaves and i have used no Hot Lights. now, i have gone thru that two weeks of Tricking the plant by setting my Root and Tricking the plant that Full Summer has arrived. Now i go back to my normal lighting and do my best to time and figure my soil moisture restoration so i can stay the hec out of there :smirk: they don’t need me. And if i can grow a 5 gallon bucket of solid roots running over the top of the bucket then my job was done well enough and the Tale all leighs in who, what, when and where did those Genetics come from

3 Likes

@MDBuds also when i speak here, i am growing indoor on a Mountain and down in the valley we grow the same taste look and kick. If someone is Happy why change. and i am far from Old Fasion. i can make a plant believe anything i want :weight_lifting_man: i’m Super Plantman hahahahaha

2 Likes

@MDBuds The average THC levels rose from less than 1 percent in the mid-1970’s to more than 6 percent in 2002 to 8.5 percent in 2008. :innocent: when i read stuff like that i think, those poor heads weren’t smoking what we were growing from then to then

2 Likes

@DollarBill I remember giving an old timer some of my bud back in 2005 that had 20% THC. He was so mad at me because he thought I laced it. He couldn’t believe bud was that potent now. He smoked a whole joint to himself after not smoking since the 80s. :joy:

2 Likes

@MDBuds Guarantee bro, that bud you grew looked so good it would make a 1st timer puke. 1st time i smoked in 1968-69 i smiled then run out back flying dizzy gagging. :v::laughing: it was higher than 10 percent

1 Like