New Grower here, wanting advice

Hey guys, I’m at day 38 of growing my first ever cannabis. It’s day 18 in veg and I was wanting to know when you guys would send her into flower since I have very limited space. She has a current height of 42cm / 1.3ft and my growbox is 3ft tall. Is there anything you can give me tips on / you see me doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

3 Likes

I’d say keep her under that net by running it horizontally and spreading her out. Some genetics can double in height during stretch! So hold her down until you decide to flip to flower

5 Likes

Okay thanks! The strain is special kush #1
The Internet said it grows about 2 to 3 inches indoors, but I was waning to hear your opinion :slight_smile:

1 Like

In my experience their usually spot on: by tying her down or tucking under the net you will create more tops or you can flip now see how she does: you will know from experience on your next grow. Figuring you had more than 1 of those seeds

1 Like

Yeah you’re right :slight_smile: I’ll try to keep her in veg for the next couple of days to get her more bushy (hopefully) and creating more tops :v:t3:
I’ll keep you up to date if you’re interested :wink:

3 Likes

Always interested in a grow :yin_yang::ballot_box_with_check::100: following along :nerd_face::palm_tree::fire:

2 Likes

Nice start. It looks like you have a good healthy plant. I see you have topped her, good job. If she is my plant, I would raise the net a little and guide the higher buds outward until the lower buds reach the net. Once most of the buds are positioned in the net would be the best time to flip. There will still be a pretty good stretch, so those more aggressive buds, reposition once or twice and they should fit into the tent. Good luck and enjoy. Keep us posted.

2 Likes

Sounds like a good plan! I’ll do it like you recommended and keep you guys postesd. Hope I can veg for like 1 or 2 more weeks, would enjoy the process a lot since she grows really good right now :wink:

1 Like

Hey guys!
Thanks for all of your tips so far :slight_smile: the plant is doing good :ok_hand:t3: I thought, why not posting my growlog I created for my grow.

Here it is:

https://growithjane.com/growlog/special-kush-1-lcxjv

Feel free to take a look and give me tips! I would highly appreciate it :grinning: there you can see all the pictures and everything since I cannot upload everything here.

Love your support! Greetings from Germany :wink:

2 Likes

Hey guys!!
Wanted to tell you that I had to flip into flower today since she’s getting so large.
She looks healthy, at least from what I can tell :slight_smile: but I’d be happy if you’d take a look since you guys have a lot more experience than me :eyes:

Posting a pic here :wink:

2 Likes

Looks very healthy, stay the course. :yin_yang:

2 Likes

Looks like maybe one or two could be pulled down and retucked. Nice job so far. It may take a week or so before pistols start to appear. Plant looks really healthy.

1 Like

Yeah, I tucked them under again, light is 1ft away from the plant at 60% intensity with 580ppfd :eyes:

When do you think I can switch up the light intensity?
Thanks for your advice again :wink: I’ll keep you guys updated :v:t3:

1 Like

I generally slowly ramp up from 500-600 ppfd in early veg and then up it to 700 to 750 before flip. After flip, I ramp up to 900 during the first three weeks. Then 900-1000 ppfd until the last week when I reduce back to 800-900 while flushing.

2 Likes

I’ll try that! I’ll let you guys know and keep you posted :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey guys, little update on the plant:
She stretched a lot during the last couple of days. It’s day 8 of flower and the first pistils are showing up, which means she is a female right? :relieved:

I’m a little bit concerned that she will outgrow my box. The light is only 17cm / half an inch away at 80% power but no burned leaves so far. I’m aware that I’ll have to rearrange the light situation asap. So far she’s doing good though.
I’ll give her bloom nutrients at half a dosage this evening to prevent a deficiency

Here are the pictures:
What are your thoughts? :thinking::slight_smile:

1 Like

She is filling in nicely, moving the exh fan out the tent would provide you with more head room as mentioned earlier. Looking good :yin_yang:

1 Like

Hey :slight_smile: wanted to give you an update on the plant 🪴
Its day 20 of flower and overall she’s developing very good and already has some big buds imo! What do you think? :relieved:
I’ve noticed that she has a little sunburn and that’s because sadly I haven’t gotten any chance to move the exh fan out so far. I put the power of the light to 80% power to prevent her from burning further.

I’m wondering if I can still filter the air when the filter is out since the instruction on the activated carbon filter says it can only work when the filter is sucking the air in :eyes:
I figured I’ll put it just on top of the tent but the filter has this metal thing on the bottom. Do you have any ideas how to manage this?

She’s already pretty large, and I don’t have a good alternative setup to switch to 🥹

Anyways, here are some pictures:
Happy growing guys :100:

2 Likes
1 Like

If your filter is the same style as in the video it should work.

1 Like