Need ideas for water runoff

Ok guys novice grower here. I am wondering how you deal with runoff when watering? Shop vac, towel? I’m not caring for the current set up of shop vac the excess runoff from the grow bags, then continually mopping up the rest with towels. Is there a better way?

1 Like

Hey Ryan! So generally when I water I slowly feed my plants to allow runoff to process out at a slow pace that way you can check your runoff as you’re watering, however you can dial in your watering even more by doing some math and figuring out roughly 1/3 to 1/4 of your what your medium takes up. So if you’re using 1 gallon of soil in your 1 gallon grow pot, you would water about 1/3 of a gallon. You can also take your plants outdoors if you have access to that and water them outside that way the runoff has time to drip out and you’ll be left with bare minimum when you bring them back inside. If you can’t do that your best bet is slowly watering or measuring out an exact measurement for the runoff you’re seeking. Shop vacs, towels, or water pumps are the last few methods I would recommend after all of that. I hope some of this helped and you are able to figure out your over-watering issue! - Kronic

1 Like

That helps alot actually. I do have access to outside very easily so definitely an option, especially while I learn the amounts needed.

2 Likes

Awesome! I’m happy that I was able to help, that was a tip a Gardner told me to do and now that I live in a place I can I learned watering outdoor myself! - Kronic

1 Like