Marijuana & Music

Biggest lesson I ever learned about what NOT to do when you are full of lust in your twenties or any time really. Those moments will get folk into trouble. :upside_down_face: :v:t2: :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

When I need a little classical with a whimsyā€¦

2 Likes

I couldnā€™t read it with all the things going on, but I listened to it. Itā€™s fantastic. I wish I could play the piano. My grandmother used to take me to operas, plays, and symphonies. Those were good times and I thank you for the reminder. :v:t2: :star_struck:

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Hahaha! Are you mad at me or something? This will be hanging out in wait to chime in while Iā€™m trying to read.

nothing like starting your day with a SMILE

1 Like

This is true, because I did smile. Thank you! :v:t2:

Holy Crapā€¦some great (and wide ranging) groups in hereā€¦and I love that Sesame Street is about the most mainstream thing in this threadā€¦The Dead South, Clutch, The Bandā€¦geezā€¦killer stuff. Currently, Iā€™m enjoying some Trill OG though a big glass bong and listening to the latest album from The Pretty Recklessā€¦for some reason, their basslines just resonate when Iā€™m stoned.

1 Like

Hey @the_evil_monk, welcome to the forum.

I know what you mean. Certain bass lines have a way of making all the difference in a song!

Iā€™m enjoying a few hits of my recently dried Gorilla Glue #4.

Itā€™s not cured yet, but I canā€™t resist!

Iā€™m also going to listen to Heartā€™s excellent LP Dog & Butterfly

I think itā€™s their best effort. Many outstanding songs here including the hit ā€œStraight Onā€ and the acoustic oriented and sentimental title track. Ann Wilson shows her vulnerable and sensual side on the amazing ā€œTouch of Love ā€œ, and sister Nancy does the same on her fine song ā€œNada Oneā€. Musically speaking, the band were at the top of their game on this 1978 release.
The band turns in possibility their heaviest ever performance with the epic ā€œMistral Windā€, a tour de force of both musical and vocal intensity. Love this album!

2 Likes

Well, now I will have something to listen to. Were you a radio DJ on the Quiet Storm? Did you get that out where you are/were?

1 Like

No, never a DJ, just an appreciator of the music from my teens.

Never heard of the Quiet Storm. Sounds underground and cool.

1 Like

If I remember correctly, it was a DJ or something that came on after midnight on the East Coast. Sometimes I would be in the car with my mother going over a bay bridge with the windows down while she blasted it. Songs like this and the Doors would come on. :pray:t2: I appreciate that because those recollections are few and far between.

Thank you! :purple_heart:

1 Like

How aboutā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve loved Stevie since her first album with Fleetwood Mac!

Confession: I had a couple pics of her in my room from around that time :wink:

1 Like

Hahahaha! Iā€™m sure you werenā€™t the only one. :eyes: :eyeglasses:

1 Like

Found this in my playlist.

1 Like

Music can easily trigger old forgotten memories. It doesnā€™t happen to me often, but when I hear certain songs, Iā€™m reminded of where I was, who I was with and what was going on at that particular moment.

Iā€™m sure it happens to us all at one time or another

1 Like

A classic! Great tune. Great playlist @kmac03! :guitar:

1 Like