Lynyrdsky First Grow

Watered two of the plants today and did some LST tightening. Even the runts of the batch have started to look good now, no more yellow left. Happy Frog Has made me a happy grower. You can see in the third image how my FIM missed and left me with a short leaf was all.

Gave the big Gelato a half gallon of straight water today and the others a little less the big girl is taking in a lot of water now. Did nothing else other than a checkup. Some lower leaves on the big one are turning yellow I assume because of age and lack of light getting to them. Will keep a close watch on that. The SD I planted yesterday had not emerged yet.

My check on the girls yesterday resulted in watering the two smaller plants and tightening the LST on the two larger ones. The little ones are dark green so no feedings for them. Lol they go from yellow to dark forest green. Light flip in 2 days.

The sour diesel seedling emerged today. Gave her a capfull of water and placed her dome back on.

Pulled the pin today they will only get 13 hrs of light, tomorrow starts their 12/12. 4AM to 4PM. Took all LST off the SD Auto as she is holding her shape well without being tied down. Shifted over to the large Gelato and pulled all her branches out to get a bigger spread for light receiving. Tucked a few fan leaves out of the way. All 4 got nutes today 1/3 strength plus Cal-Mag. The 9" tall SD Auto is in full bud production now as sugar leaves are getting loaded with trichomes. Gave the SD seedling two cap fulls of water.

1 Like

2nd day of 12/12 lighting. Half gallon straight water to big ones and quart to the other 2. Trimmed the gelato up some getting rid of old fan leaves. Did a little more LST on her too. Nothing more to write.

1 Like

Another day on checking up on the girls. A 4 required drink again as they are lapping up the water now. My SD seedling is already having it’s second set of leaves. The small SD is branching out now and I will leave her go. Got a mic today and gave it a quick try.

1 Like

My seedling is looking good with a dome over her and surrounded by the 4.

15 days ago the small SD day of transplant.

I had little hope for her at that time. Look at her today. Lesson learned never give up on them.

Her buds are looking good and two new branches are shooting up quickly.

Queen Gelato had PPM of 750 and took a half gallon of water. Next water upping her nutes. Starting to see beginnings of flowers.

Small er Gelato has bud signs now too after 6 days of 12/12. Both of the smaller ones have did so well since moving into Happy Frog soil, again I am sold on a bad start due to hot/bad soil.

The larger SD is looking fine yet and she required more water too, next time will be a 2/3 nute watering

Good night girls lights out in 1 hour. Cooler weather has helped a lot now too as temps are 50’s at night outside. Tent is much more tolerable as temps in low 80’s during the past few days.

No major changes on the large Gelato or SD. Just trying to nourish them.

Took the seedlings dome off today and left her position in the center.
The small gelato is not so small anymore and she is making her presence known.

The smaller Sour D is gathering a lot of attention from me now. The christmas tree shaped cola in the center is frosty looking now. I said a few days ago I would not LST the two smaller ones but she got her limbs spread today.

Her main bud is the most photogenic so far.

Even tried the Microscope out on her, hard to hold steady need the practice.

Watered all 5 plants this morning and did some more LST on the large Gelato. Everything is looking good so I just took some pics and drooled over the frosty bud of the Sour Diesel.

Things are progressing good in the tent. The seedling is doing really good too. Just some pics for future reference. The large Gelato is budding up good now and I counted 14 bud sites so far. Hopeful for a good harvest. Cranked the LST on the surprise Sour D today otherwise no further maintenance needed today.

Another two days since my last post, The Gelato’s are in full flower mode now. The seedling is looking good and will get her perma home this weekend. The one sour diesel is showing signs of burn or deficiency not sure which one it may be, all new to me. The other SD is doing great with her large sticky cola. All received straight water today.

Transplanted the seedling in her perma 5 gallon home yesterday. Fed the 4 girls a dose of cal-mag. They are all doing good in flower and buds are developing nicely on the Gelato’s.

Can see the pistils beginning to brown on the clustered Sour D. The other Sour D continues to do good producing buds that are nice and sticky. The 18 day old seedling has what appears to be pistils now too. Man they flower fast. The large Gelato is budding fine and most fan leaves have been removed as they fade. The “small” Gelato is now as tall as the other and looks to be producing a nice cola. Gave two a dose of water and the seedling a shot too.

5 days later the plants are doing well. I have a little concern on the Gelato I FIMed as she is yellowing. Most of the yellow has been fan leaves only, will be getting a feeding at next watering.

The second Gelato I missed the fim is looking beautiful and her main cola is filling in. Starting to see some stickiness in her bud. She was so sickly looking before transplant. Funny the two plants I had least hope for are looking the most promising today.

The sour d I did the strong LST on is thick in bud still and looking healthy over all. Some yellow leaves in lower places light is not optimal at.

The sour d I clobbered with a clod of dirt during transplant is looking beautiful in her 10" height. 2/3 of her main stalk is a mass of bud 3" around at the base and loaded with tricombs. Wow is all I can say about her. Kicking the crap out of her during transplant must of did something.

The seedling is no longer a seedling and growing tall now. I should of clobbered her with a clod of dirt to slow her down lol. She is already as tall as the Sour D I am drooling over.

Removed fan leaves from the large Gelato, most of the yellow ones that were ready to come off. Still a few more on her but bud production is going good and her sugar leafs are frosting. The second Gelato is looking good with a single main cola that is looking nice and frosting too. The sour Diesel I did LST to is thick in bud and pistils with some browning but I think she will be cut after the second one who has been a nice surprise. The seedling SD is now going on 4 weeks old and showing flower signs, she is already as tall as the other two. Gave them all a good drink of water as we go through a 4 day hot spell. Final one of the season I hope.

Quick update, the Gelato with the FIM is still looking hungry and will feed next watering. The other Gelato looks great still as the cola grows longer and frostier. All 3 Sour D auto’s are doing fine. The one is my little Christmas Tree. 6 inches tall and one thick base. The youngest one is already taller than the other 2 and will soon equal the height of the Gelato’s. I have no clue what I am doing just trying to keep them alive. I know I am close on the Xmas tree now. 2 weeks maybe.

Spent some time taking pictures today of some buds with the Nikon D800.

Gave all the girls a good drink today as it was 1 1/2 days since checkup.

Keeping a close eye on the x-mas tree Sour Diesel now as the trics are changing and pistils are turning red and brown. Won’t be long as she will be the first to get cut.

The seedling is no seedling any longer and has become the tallest plant in the tent now and flowering good she had a much better start in life having Happy Frog to flourish in.

The other SD will probably be ready around the end of the month as many pistils are white yet. But her buds are filling in and finally frosting.

The fast starter Gelato is still dealing with leaf issues and I will have to get a handle on that if it advances much more. The other one is looking nice yet building a nice thick cola.

Went up today and turned the lights lower to take better pictures. Love the colors on the Sour D as she nears her end stage now.

This Gelato just want me to put lights on it and ornaments. Liking the way that cola is filling in. 20" tall and half of it bud. This is the plant I FIMed the FIM on. The second pic is how she looked then on 7/15 with the surprised look 2 weeks before light flip. Great recovery after that and her transplant.