Lynyrdsky First Grow

My first grow took place in 2020 and decided to put it up here as all the seed came from here. This may take some time to complete as I copy it over from another forum. Hope it helps someone out.

My first grow. 3 sour diesel autos and 2 Gelato photos. My plants stretched some at the start due to low lighting but are rebounding good now. Broke ground on June 3 after starting in paper towel in a baggie. Got a 4 x 4 x 80 grow tent with 6" exhaust fan and carbon filter (not attached yet). Plan on transplanting in a couple of weeks into 3 gallon fabric pots with Happy Frog as the medium. No nutes as of yet. My sour diesels seem to be lagging behind the Gelato not sure if this is normal.

Got two QB260 V2 Samsung LM301B 3000k LED Quantum Light w/Meanwell HLG Driver today and got one in the tent today. Will wait on the other one. Wow what a difference in light from the Blurple ones I had before. Yes I went the cheap route and after reading lots here decided to ditch them and spend some cash. Have a lilttle less than 1k into this grow now and I did not want it to fail because of cheap lights.

Glad to have found this forum as I have learned a lot from here already and much more to learn I am sure

Pleased with the way the gelato’s are looking.

The sour diesel auto flowers have some catching up to do. Below

Temps are running high and this is after I took the driver outside the tent. Been drawing air from the first floor where it is 10 degrees cooler. 6" duct to the lower tent opening. Added a 16" oscillating fan to move air above the plants and below the light. Humidity has been holding steady in the 60’s. I will be keeping a close eye on them this coming week as it is going to be upper 80’s and this is in the loft. Only place available for me, may be looking at adjusting time for lights on at night and off during the day to keep heat at a minimal.

Amazing what 48 hours does for growth. The two Gelato’s are fast changing now.

Even the SD auto is starting to take off. She looks a little paler in color but I think she will come around.

This SD is beginning to perk up better, have one other who is quite yellow maybe too much water? Will post pics of it when I get back out to check on her.

Here is the SD Auto girl who has had yellow color for the last 2 weeks. I don’t recall the “organic” soil I used as I threw the bag out. However all 5 plants are in the same soil and this is the only one that is yellow. So I am leaning towards too much water and have cut back as here pot feels heavy yet. Any ideas would be appreciated.

The other small SD is slow growing also but at least she is green. The other SD is in the above post.

T/H 85/62%
Seedbank Cheap Cannabis Seeds Online
In my original post at the top she is the smallest one of the group and was yellow then too.

I now know the starter soild I used was way too hot and cooking the autos.

Now At 4 weeks and so far so good. Starting to see better growth, still only watering @6.2 ph. Ignore the temp as this is not correct. May need a new digital.

The queen of the batch sure is looking pretty, Gelato Photo. Looking to transplant her this weekend in 5 gal fabric.

The best Sour D auto is starting to get some height now too.

Cant wait to see what the next gew days will bring.

Pics from today of my two favorite girls. They are in a good growth spurt right now. no water today

Gelato Photo

Sour D Auto

Checked on plants at 130 today. 92 outside. They all look good and only the gelato needed a drink.

Even the runt is getting her color. On the gelato I have a ?. Would one fim,top and wait until after transplant Saturday?

The SD will probably get trans planted too then start lst.

Transplanted the two bigger girls today in their 5 gallon perma homes. Filled the bottoms and sides with Happy Frog and mycorrhizae each got a liter of 6.2 ph water. Will do a wellness check later in the day to see how they are doing. The Gelato came out good in one piece, the SD auto not so much, she got the bigger of the drinks due to the loosen roots.

Gelato

Now this brings me to the SD auto. After transplanting her I noticed pistils circled in green, appears after only 5 weeks she is wanting to go into flower. What do the rest of you think? I know should not transplant autos but I was left with no choice. Can LST still be done at this stage?

SD

Here they are in their new spaces.

Will update more this weekend

Checked on the girls after a few hours yesterday and both looked perky and no droop from the transplanting. Checked today and brought my Nikon D800 to take some macro shots of the Sour D.

1 Like

Rearranged the tent some today. Added the carbon filter to the fan and hung the second set of lights. All five got some 6.2 ph water.

1 Like

Checked on the girls today and started LST on the SD Auto. Will be topping the Gelato closer to this weekend I think.

1 Like

Checked on the girls today. Pulled the SD auto down more and rotated the pot. She looks good in red.

Was going to fim the Gelato Photo today but want a little more growth so I can see the fim line better. Pretty busy area in that top

I fimmed the small Gelato today and gave her a drink. Gave her a drink after. Transplant this weekend.

I fimmed the small Gelato today and gave her a drink. Gave her a drink after. Transplant this weekend.

The small Gelato I did yesterday appears to have no side effects from the haircut.

I have five plants total and am thinking of taking this one (SD #3)outdoors and let her fend pretty much for herself, giving here a drink when needed. She is all of 5" tall and struggling besides 5 is too many for a 4x4 grow. She is in flower and not as yellow as the pic shows something about the way I take the pic can show more yellow.

The other SD #2 is short but nice looking and started in flower too.

SD #1 I added another tiedown to her head and rotated her 1/4 turn. She is coming along fine and I love to watch her grow daily now.

Again this plant is not yellow at all as seen in the following pic, has to do with how I hold the phone I think.

Wellness check today on the girls. Took a lux app with me. Had full sun today and matched what the sun had with the app. Plant height was 65000 lumen and matched outdoor reading. The large Gelato took her haircut well. Still not sure if I fimmed her correctly yet.

Side view shows she is branching out now.

The SD auto got her tie downs tightened a little more.

Bud sites are starting to reach now. Goal is to keep her he’d down to their height.

The small Gelato had a surprised look to her in yesterday’s photo. She has one still today.

Still looking at transplanting her this weekend. Gave them all a little shot of 6.2 H2O and said g’nite.

Took the runt and placed her outside today, grew tired of looking at here lack of progress, will see how she does outdoors. Transplanted the other two smaller one today also. To do over again I would solo cup them then in the perma homes. Gave the two big girls a half gallon of straight water. It appears as though the FIM I did the other day took and it appears there are two new shoots coming. She was droopy today telling me she needed water bad.

Today on my check on the girls I just looked them over and lifted the pots to see if they were heavy yet. They have dried out some since yesterday but will wait until tomorrow before given more. The Gelato I did the FIM to definitely took and she is looking good

The Sour Diesel is doing her thing nicely as multiple buds are now appearing at about the same level. I noticed how she is filling in a lot from a week ago images.

Checked on the girls and a noticeable smell was in the tent. The first time I noticed a strong smell. Did no water or LST today just a few pics. I did mix up a batch of FF nutes for their first feeding tomorrow. Went with one third strength of Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom and Grow Big. Checked the soil PH and it was running 6.2 to 6.5 for all of them. Since transplanting the other two they are getting color back and showing signs of growth finally. Leads me to believe it was the original soil they were in too hot. They all like their Happy Frog.

In 9 days I will flip the lights to 12/12.

My daily checkup on the girls and the Queen was telling me she needed a good drink. She got her first dose of nutes today, the 1/3 strength batch of what I made yesterday.

2 hours later she was perkier looking. Still droopy but happier.

The fim area looks good and the 2 shoots are reaching out.

The bigger SD I LST’d the branches more, rotated her so they would go over center more.

The 2 small ones are going to grow out without messing around with them further, no point in working hard on 2 plants that will have low yield, they will get nutes two and did today but no training.

Daily checkup on the girls. Queen Gelato needed a drink again and took a half gallon. I also did a little LST on her. She is getting big. The SD also got some LST on her again as the bud sites are multiplying daily now. Also started a new SD seed yesterday as I should have enough time to finish her out before the cold weather takes hold. I have big hopes for the Gelato as she is a real nice looking plant and growing like a weed. Not much else to add.