Looking for help

I’m looking to get started with growing my personal use cannabis. I’m only wanting to spend 1000-1500 on light, tent, and fan filter. I was thinking 5x5 tent size and a Marshydro fce6500 or spider farmer se7000 I think it was. There is only $200 difference in the lights . I don’t mind spending $200 more if I’m gonna get better quality cannabis. Any suggestions for a quality set up that price ?

1 Like

Welcome @Ehint I like and use Marshydro but Spiderfarmer is also very good so either is a good choice. You will need 8 inch filter and fan for that size tent.

2 Likes

Ohh ok ty that helped because I was gonna just get 6 inch.

1 Like

6 will work but you will be happier with 8 in the long run

2 Likes

In a 5x5 tent, 6" works
https://www.ebay.com/itm/193561071652
was able to pick this up at $95
tent
https://www.ebay.com/itm/224161068845
the lights - pretty much the same light but 8-900 is steep
I got 8 bar, direct from China at under $700 delivered…3389 lamps-Samsung 301b’s, 8 bars, UV/IR included, 6’ driver cables so I could mount outside the tent (reduces heat). Shipping is over 2 weeks but well worth the price
these are more than enough for a 5x5 tent. Make sure you get minimum 7 ft tall…IMPORTANT
If you can get from amazon around 800 or less, quick delivery, go for it

1 Like

Found this made by Samsung. .its called phlizon grow light it has built in Samsung diodes

2 Likes

1 Like

Sorry not to good with phone lol

1 Like

In my opinion the bar array lights are superior, especially for coverage in a 5x5. That Mars Hydro FC-E series looks like a good one.

I have 2 5x5 tents ducted together. I run an 8” exhaust in the one, with a 6” intake in the other. I have a second 6” inline to balance the pressure between them. The exhaust runs constantly and the intake is on an AC Infinity controller which also does a great job regulating the environment right now. My plants seem to love all the air exchange.

For a single 5x5 you could definitely get by with 6” exhaust and 4” intake. You could always add the intake later of course but your plants will like it and I think it’s worth it.

2 Likes

Have buddy got one of these he loves it

2 Likes

I looked at those model lights a little closer. Reed @Daddy1971 brings up a good point as well. If you’re thinking $200 price differences aren’t so bad, the Samsung LM301 diodes he recommended are what the pros and many hobbyist run in their fixtures right now. Neither of those particular fixtures you mentioned had them. It looks like Mars Hydro has a “FC” line (not “-E”) with the Samsung’s and Osram reds.

You’ll be running those lights at least half of the time at full blast, and efficiency is something that shows up clearly on the electric bill. You might pay that extra $200 in the long run if you cheap out now.

2 Likes

I am happy with my mars hydro fc 4800…your budget is generous for sure…welcome!

2 Likes

It doesn’t hurt to have a backup light. If for some reason this one went out, how long would it take to get another one. Know what I mean

2 Likes