Live Q&A with Kyle Kushman - Wed 18th Nov @ 6pm PT

Trying to convert WAX and SHATTER bought from retail growers for baking.

Having problem with potency in cookie, measuring potency in batch, and getting product that’s more than good tasting.

I’ve “cooked” 1 gram wax (Lavender Jones @ 65.8 potency) for 90 minutes at 290 F. Then made 40 coconut cookies and we all ate 2 each.

NO effect.

However, when I first made the batch and ate the residual batter from metal bowl and spatula, I was floored in 1/2 hour and it lasted for 3 hours before I could even walk safely. And that was less than a tablespoon.

I have used canna caps previously with good results - except cost is 3x that of Wax or Shatter.

What am I doing wrong?

1 Like

My questions is in regards to fabric pots for soil vs plastic pots

2 Likes

Just harvested my first grow, White Widow Auto. Went pretty well but my plants got very leggy and tall and didn’t fill out the way I expected them to. What causes them to get skinny rather than bushy as I’ve seen others grow?

2 Likes

for autos with an LED light setup is it better to start them with veg mode or veg+bloom for full spectrum of light? Or is it to much at the seedling stage?

1 Like

Getting my first real grow on (trying some methods to get better yield etc) and wanted to know whether pHing nutrients is always necessary? I am currently growing in organic soil using floragro for vegetative growth and florabloom for flowering as nutrients. Plants look fine so far, but will they all of a sudden just die on me or something because i have not yet ph’d nutrients? Thanks!

1 Like

I ph every feeding just to be safe. Better to adjust it before it goes in the soil than it is to try to adjust the soil ph.

2 Likes

What is the best advice you could give for pheno hunting males for breeding without getting lab testing done?

1 Like

Hey kyle. I just started growing last year and have had 4 crops. 3 of which started laying down about a month before end of flower. I cant seem to get hearty stalks or even real solid buds. Can you point me in the right direction?

1 Like

Where can I get real strawberry cough, or who has a seed thats closest to original?

2 Likes

@Kyle HomegrownCC Gorilla Glue #4 Fem. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: just heard you say Homegrown on the Podcast

3 Likes

First time grower here and my question is about …I use mykos in my soil and then sprinkle great white on seed after I plant them…is this too much because 2 of my girls got burnt out the gate for some reason

2 Likes

Hey Kyle , is 6 weeks veg after germ too soon for a closet grow ?

2 Likes

Hi gentlemen,

I am new to the community, as well new to growing here in Canada.
I am wondering on what specific training practices would be best for a tent 60”x60”x80” to grow sativa strains indoors? I.E. Durban poison or my favourite Lambs breathe.

Thank you Aaron

3 Likes

What is the best ph reader for coco?

1 Like

I personally top dress with worm castings at 4 weeks

1 Like

Homegrowns Gorilla Glue #4 Fem.

1 Like

I use fabric pots and love them! I never have problems with root rot thanks to the fabric pots. Really helps with plant growth and health.

1 Like

Decard at 225° in the oven for 30 minutes. Put it in some butter on the stove simmer on low for 4 hours let cool a little bit straight through cheesecloth oh when you put the butter in the pot with the leaves you should add one cup of water keeps the butter from evaporating strain it put everything in a container place in the refrigerator in the morning separate the butter from the water voila it’s recommended that you do 1 lb of butter for 1 oz of flour.

2 Likes

I personally would recommend fabric pots they allow the roots to obtain oxygen and less chance of root rot.

1 Like

bubba gift strain. high yielding , I think it is your highest yielder ? website says 3000 grams, but short flowering cycle so just verifying this anomaly

2 Likes