Live Q&A with Kyle Kushman - Wed 18th Nov @ 6pm PT

https://www.facebook.com/homegrownccofficial/videos/1413620572175015

10 Likes

What are the best Landraces to use when making medical crosses? How do I go about getting my strain tested and prepared to market seeds? Thank you sir.

3 Likes

Why does the Ph keep fluctuating up or down every three days.

Its a drastic change from around 6.0 to start and fluctuates up or down by sometimes up to 6.4 or down to 4.3 its crazy.

Indoor DWC. Flower - Wk 6.

4 Likes

So I grew the Homegrown Northern Lights #10 and Gelato this run. Some are taking longer to finish then others. Was wondering if this is normal. Is it a pheno thing? Do bigger colas take longer to finish? Could it be location in the growing space as my par falls off on the edges? Just curious, thanks!!

5 Likes

What is a good mix or ratio for top dressing for autoflowers and on a typical run how many times should you top dress?

5 Likes

I’ve never grew any strains before, this will be my first time. What’s the best strains to grow for a first timer?

4 Likes

What’s your opinion on cover crop for living soil? Do you believe it is needed?

3 Likes

What are the biggest challenges in a veganic grow? What’s the biggest difference (noticeable) in the final product between a organic and veganic grow.

4 Likes

What to do with forgotten shake. Harvested months ago. Lost, now found. :grimacing:!
Is it still bubble-bag-able :thinking:

20201116_204430|281x500

2 Likes

Hi Kyle& Nate , Newbie here and could you help me understand the ppm when feeding , so if my GH chart says 900ppm and I add my nutrients and Cal mag and it comes out to 700 ppm . ? what else should I add to get to 900 ppm . I use General Hydroponics A & B , Big Bud , Cal mag ,Molasses and the same goes for Compost Teas ! Thank you I surely do appreciate your help and Home Grow Cannabis Co .

2 Likes

What’s up Nate and Kyle, just wanted to say thank you for being here to answer our questions. Do you have a personal organic compost tea recipe you would share with us? Also, should I stop feeding veg nutrients to my girls about 1 or 2 weeks before I flip the lights to kinda flush them out and get them ready for bloom? Thanks again guys :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I can recommend the white widow or blueberry x big devils form HGCC, they grow very easy, with or without training the plants develop and grow very nicely, very beginner friendly id say! i started them in pre mix soil with nutes, you can just ph water them for 3 weeks starting, then top dress to add more nutes a few more times and they are done in about 9-11 weeks depending.

5 Likes

Thank you so much, I really appreciate you responding to me.

3 Likes

No problem! Sorry I don’t think I mentioned those are for autoflowers not photoperiods! As a new grower myself and first time autoflower grower they are easy, exciting and fast growing with less maintenance than a photoperiod plant and faster harvest but obviously lower yields.

3 Likes

Greetings! Thank you for the great resources. I’m an outdoor grower up here in the Berkeley area, is there anything I can do to mitigate bud rot? What causes it? Caterpillars? We get a bit of fog as well.
I appreciate your help!

2 Likes

To Flush or not to Flush is the question??

2 Likes

If there not life would you consider it living.
If outside yes, it must be kept active.
In a planter I think you might have your hand full keeping pots set a side to have cover crops. In the same sense as you would in a no till crop plan.
Some people take things to heart im afraid.

1 Like

i just bought some airpots and im trying them with coco, i feel like coco isnt the perfect media for these airpots, have you tried them? is there any good medium for aireation besides rockwool? im trying not to use rockwool for health reasons, well hope to see your anwser!, thanks!

2 Likes

and… why am i getting small buds man? i even did all those kushman chiropractic getting those big stems

3 Likes

Started growing.

Our retail grow house hasn’t had medical product for almost a year - make too much $ in CO with Recreational to dedicate product to medical use.

So now we have flower but I don’t smoke.

What’s the best (easy, economical, efficient) to use the plant for baking edibles.