Light Leaks? Slight Mishap

Has anyone had any experience with exposing light to your lovely ladies while they were in darkness? I had a slight mishap last night and im a lil worried. The ole lady was talking with a friend and decided to open my tent to show it off. The lights had been off for 2 hours and she opened the tent for about 30 secs to a minute. Lets just say i was pissed but what can you do about once its been done. Do you guys think that was enough to cause them strees?

1 Like

She just opened it? I wouldn’t worry about it too much. Unless you have the force of ten suns beaming into it?

Just as a precaution, I would encourage you to encourage her not to show people in general, legal or not. People get weird and can’t help themselves.

2 Likes

Yes she just opened it…smh. A complete no no in my house! Guess she was just in the moment and wasn’t thinking.

2 Likes

I’ve done it before going to put something back in and forgetting what time it was. Everything worked out okay. I’m pulling for you.

What are you growing, I guess I should ask since I know not all plants are the same?

2 Likes

Im growing 2 GDP 2 Gelatos all from Homegrown. Got a strain call Ya Mar from a breeder in Colorado as well

2 Likes

I bet they are lovely. I’d love to see them. Did they all look well behaved today after the light incident?

2 Likes

No problem @kmac03. All seems well since the incident but here are a couple pics

7 Likes

How beautiful they are! I can see why she couldn’t control herself.

5 Likes

Lol i couldn’t blame her :laughing:

3 Likes

I stalk my plants all the time. I was just thinking of checking in on them.

3 Likes

I do the same thing lmao

2 Likes

I am not sure if I would worry that much. YaMar has come down from a long line of strains. By now, it should be very stable. Gelato is also a stable strain. I am not sure about GDP.
Worse case scenario - you get nanners or hermie. Just be on the watch for male sacks to make sure you do not seed out your grow. Start looking hard after about 5 days.
Get yourself a green light to allow peeking during dark times. Sometimes light will cause stress, may slow things down a little but as I said, these are pretty stable strains you go going there

2 Likes

Yes the YaMar is from Panama Punch and Fall '97. Real excited about this strain!!

Definitely show off quality. @

1 Like

You don’t know how many times I have accidentally open my closet when light were off before it dawned on me. It doesn’t do much as long as it’s not for an extended period of time a few seconds or a minute here and there has never affected any of my plants that I am aware of.

4 Likes

That is definitely a great thing to hear. I was going crazy for a second. Thought my life was over lol :laughing:

1 Like

I am on my 4th indoor grow and all in all 14 plants probably in only one threw seeds on me and I don’t think it was because of the light and I’ve opened the closet on every 1 of those grows by accident for sure more than once. I tend to get high and forget what time it is when I open the door

3 Likes

I’m just glad my hubs stops me when I start heading that way now. :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah my wife just says how many times are you gunna and shakes her head.

2 Likes

My hubs just yells out, “Stop.” Thankfully, there is a clock nearby to jar my memory.

1 Like