LED lighting, mixing COBs with QB

So I am currently running 3 HLG 288 v2 rspec quantum boards, on a custom heatsink. Its producing about 320 watts, 40k+lumens at canopy height. Dont have a par meter, yet.

I have the opportunity to get several (8) COBs at a very good price, Citizens clu038. So I was considering adding 6 of them to the current fixture with their own driver. However I know that cobs tend to penetrate deeper into the canopy while quantum boards have a wider spread but not as much penetrating.

So I was wondering if any one had combined the 2 into 1 fixture and if so how they compensated for the difference.

1 Like

hello i’ve seen a few friends of mine that added in 100% custom modded units and they busted their butts off only to find out that it is all personal liking, only one of the four friends actually choose to use their custom units the others sold theres off here in oklahoma, if your looking into new options i’ve been working closely with maxsisun and been using their pb 4000 qb boards and very happy with the results their 400watts pulled from wall check them out have a blessed day https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08343891S/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B08343891S&linkCode=as2&tag=blakebmx-20&linkId=b0ffde9b4d4ad97ba934944853f5c7ee

1 Like