Leaves curling and tacoing

Man.looking good for sure :blush::ok_hand:keep.up the good work

1 Like

Thanks bro. Iā€™m having some major issues with pot size tho now. These ā€œ5 gallonā€ ac infinity pots are way smaller than 5 gallons. Just wrote a scathing review on Amazon lol. Just upgraded to 7 gallon plastic, hopefully that helps

Just been reading about your curling leaves. Do you have a moisture meter? It would take the guess work out of watering. Looks like plants may be under watered. Irrigate your plants when soil is dry 1/2ā€ below surface. Veg. and flowering need lots of water. And when watering you should water until it runs out of bottom of pot. Could have dry spots since you are watering so little. Under watering will affect growth and bud, too.
Leaf curling up could also be toxic salt build up too, lack of water and heat stress.

Thanks for the advice. One thing for sure is they werenā€™t underwatered. I ended up transplanting all 4 plants and the 2 struggling ones were completely soaked and waterlogged and the 2 healthy ones had dryer root balls. Now Iā€™m in 7 gallon plastic and theyā€™re doing a lot better. Leaf curl hasnā€™t changed on the one plant but the darker green color is coming back. Iā€™m gonna defoliate today then flip to flower soon.

I just donā€™t understand the problem because all the plant got the exact same treatment. But every grow is a learning experience. Iā€™ll never use 5 gallon pots again for the final home, thats for sure. And Iā€™ll never use fabric pots again because they leak out the sides too much and itā€™s impossible to get a true runoff or transplant cleanly

Just flipped to flower couple days ago, everything is looking pretty good. Transplanting to 7 gallon plastic did wonders for their health. Thick stalks too. I did the Kushman Chiropractic technique and stripped every node except the tops. Looking forward to how that works out

6 Likes

Lol, didnā€™t know kushman was claiming that for his own. It is certainly not a technique he came up with. Nice looking plants

1 Like

Well actually he aint claiming the stripping part. But he does this thing where he cracks every branch every inch all the way up in opposite directions. Then he stripped the nodes. If u search Kushman Chiropractic on YouTube theres a great video on it. I think its gonna work out a lot better for me. Last time I left a lot of crap on the lower branches trying to be greedy and it just got me a lot of larf

1 Like

it is actually called lollipoping your plant, I do it all the time. Not the cracking, that is probably super cropping? twisting? not cracking right? I do super crop my plants as well but only the main stem to allow a bigger flow of nutrients to the plant I am sure I have seen the video as this is where I started 1.5 years ago buying seeds. I bought 12 and havenā€™t dealt with them sinceā€¦this is just a dying forum I am trying to help breathe some life into

Well you kinda should just watch the video, its really educational. Its not really lollipopping, its more extreme than that. From what I understand, lollipopping is stripping the bottom 50% or so. And its not cracking like breaking, but twisting until u hear a snap inside the branch but no outer breakage. He also did some supercropping on the plant but that was separate from the cracking.

If u look at the pic of the stalk I just posted, both those top branches cracked early on when I was training, you can see the knuckles. Thats actually my strongest plant now tho. I wouldnt do it again on purpose tho lol

1 Like

As I previously said, I have watched all his videos and used to participate in his live feeds when he did them which was short lived. I am not really impressed with most of what he does, but to each his own. Maybe check out Mr. Grow it, Mr. Canucks Grow, or Jeremy at Build a soil. Much better info, especially mr. grow itā€™s garden talkā€¦tons of experts in the business including college professors

You have some gorgeous plantsšŸ¤™

1 Like

that would be more super cropping when you bend the stems over (make them break without breaking them off). Lollipopping would be in the pruning categoryā€¦ Generally bottom third of flower sites get strippedā€¦

Nice job on the plants mateā€¦ Regardless of what you call it.

Thanks. This is how theyā€™re doing now. Just tried something called shwazzing, cutting most fan leaves off, really made a lot of room in there, it was way too bushy in there. Week 4ish.

1 Like

Looking really Nice in there! :ballot_box_with_check::yin_yang:

Do the weight test fill the pots when dry water them good tell run.off starts