Leaves curling and tacoing

I use 5 gallon fabric pots and it is rare that the roots fill the entire pot by harvest…maybe 3/4 at this point. They do not flower or grow faster depending on the pots. It is genetics on top of how much or how hard you stress them. Rushing through grows isn’t ever a good idea unless you just don’t care about yield, quality, etc. If you go with 1 gallon they are going to be small yield and a lot more work as with 3 gallons but 3 might just be the perfect root fit depending on how you grow.

Got it. Yeah I’m not trying to rush anything, its more that there’s so many more strains I want to get popped lol. Ethos Mandarin Cookies V2 to be precise. That stuff looks awesome.

So you’re saying I need to water more? I just gave a quarter gallon each again today and started adding Fish Shit. Did you ever try that. Unfortunately my 1 plant is still curling bad. Just the one out of 4. All same feed/water/environment. Heres a pic of the problem plant and heres a side by side with the plant next to it. The healthy one is a tad smaller/bustier but the other 2 healthy ones are about the same size as the bad one.

I also raised my light up 6 to 10 inches

1 Like

Once the plant has deficiencies the only way you can monitor progress and change is by looking at the new growth on the plant and it doesn’t just happen overnight. Unfortunately, growing is a game of patience if you want to grow top quality buds. But you can rush plants through deficiencies and everything and still get a decent smoke if you do it right. I have had some horribly stressed grows that have still produced some good smoke.

I have grown autos most of my time atm but have studied both. Autos are so much harder than photos but I am really dialing mine in finally. In turn if I can dial in autos, I can kill photos for sure. Depends all on what your mission is with growing.

Yeah imo photos are better just for this reason. You have all the time you need to fix problems. Autos you gotta get it right from the beginning or else. Not better, but more forgiving.

Do you watch Welcome To The Grow Tent? That guy’s cool af. He goes live 2 times a week on YouTube and answers questions in the live chat. He said Bill Ward is the best autoflower grower on YouTube. When I start my autos im gonna follow his step by step vids. You ever see his stuff?

I have watched probably over 500 you tube videos while I am trimming. The most informative I have found have been:
Mr. Canuk is the truth bro is sick started with him https://www.youtube.com/c/MrCanucksGrowGuide

420 scene well I don’t really get much from him but he is kind of entertaining https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBF8Ada4xtmfL1RoZdTakaw

Pigeons 420 has some informative info https://www.youtube.com/c/Pigeons420

Dr. Autoflower also has some informative stuff https://www.youtube.com/c/DrAutoflower

Highagain is another where the girl is ok to look at at times and the guy is goofy but they have def got better over the last year https://www.youtube.com/c/Highigan

If you really want the best info on the web as far as growing, it has really changed my whole outlook on everything, is Mr. Grow it AMAZING! https://www.youtube.com/c/GardenTalkwithMrGrowIt
Home Grow Tv is the absolute best grower for visual and strain content is https://www.youtube.com/c/HomeGrowTV

1 Like

I don’t just grow, I have actually been taking advantage of any information I could come across and have been knee deep in plants and studying content for a year and a half now. I am still always learning but feel I have a depth of knowledge most don’t possess because of my diligence and hours dedicated to studying the plants in every aspect and not just one specific thing.

Yeah, Canucks is the man, I just wish he would be more accessible like WTTGT. But has some great step by step vids. Mr Grow It is cool. Highigan girl is great.

The one dude I loathe on your list is 420 Scene tho. That guy is such a clown. I used to watch him but he basically became a paid product spokesman so I bounced. He’s the only dude I ever saw advertise for dispensary weed. And I joined his discord and it was literally emails like 20 times a day trying to get me to buy stuff lol. I hate that. Plus he dont even show his plants on YouTube. So I’d say Canucks and Highigan are the best on your list cuz they actually show the plants.

1 Like

if you ever have time mr grow it has guests from everywhere and also has degrees in horticulture of plants, I have found him most useful on a scientific level. I am learning so much…in fact things that question everything and the way that people grow. i don’t darkness, I don’t flush, I have done everything people suggest and it is all crap, I push my plants to the limit and only through trying everyone else’s suggestions have I found the holy grail. People who have been getting stuff from dispensaries here are now ditching it and getting it from the source

Yeah I’ve watched a lot of his stuff. He’s cool. My only complaint about him is all his new stuff is just talking, no hands on plant action like he used to do. Actually my favorite guy is Jeremy Diamond from BuildASoil on YouTube. That guy knows everything about everything about everything lol. I’m using his living soil now. But me being me I added all kinds of extra castings and nutes, thats why I’m having problems. Next time I’m just gonna do exactly what they say to do.

If you haven’t checked him out you might want to. Its all hands on with the plants, like Canucks, without the high production value. This season theyre doing autos and photos, usually just does photos. He’s got techniques you just don’t see anywhere else. He was on Grow It before. That’s where I got the tip on autos flowering when they hit the sides of the pot. He ran 4 and the one had major root circling in the seedling pot and that plant is short af now with giant colas on it. One plant was the runt of the 4 with no roots touching and now its twice as tall as the others and way behind in the flower cycle. The other 2 are kinda in between. That episode was just this week

As far as dispensary weed, I’ve taken day trips to Massachusetts and Maine to sample their stuff, I wasn’t impressed at all. Especially Massachusetts. Its just alright bud and 20% tax. You’re paying almost $600 and ounce at some places. Maine was cheaper and somewhat better but still expensive compared to what I can get here for $180 and its better than the dispensary.

1 Like

The mandarin cookies v2 is definitely on the list. FYI… I will be growing all my autos in 5 gals in the future. It seems to be the perfect size for autos. I have 1/3 of my plants that are in 3 gal pots started showing signs of root bound about day 50-55. The 5 gal pots are fading perfectly with no difficiencies.

For me almost everything ethos has is on the list. I got mine through Brotanical Gardens. They’re cool because they gave me 4 free seeds with the orders I got 9 seeds, 3 different strains for like $60.

I might just go 7 or 10 gallon plastic next time. These fabric pots are cool except they leak out the sides too much as soon as I start watering.

MVB has some dope freebs also. I thought about 7 gal like I do for photos. But after this run I don’t have a single auto in a 5 gallon that got root bound and that is 4 strains. Trying to balance wasting media and space.

1 Like

Yeah well BuildASoil says you never have to throw out the soil just re-amend it so thats a good thing. Does mvb take cards? I know ethos has a lot of vendors but some don’t take cards. I don’t mess with those ones where u gotta send in a money order

1 Like

Looks like nute burn to me man

Build a soil is the way to go for organic beginners, that dude is brilliant with what he does. I would stick with that and the craft blend seems to do real well for people. When switching to a new grow make sure to leave your roots in there…ask me why. Happy growing everybody

1 Like

I would agree except it is organic and there are no signs of actual burning…perhaps a bit of tip burn but I have that even with my synganic grows

My Recharge came today from Amazon. So I watered a 1/4 gallon with fish shit 2 days ago and 3/8 gallon with fish shit and calmag yesterday. I lowered my light closer and all the leaves are kinda pointing upward at a 45 degree angle like they need more light, which they don’t. Aka happy plants. Do you think I should water today with the recharge or just wait till tomorrow?

The best I could come up with as far as the leaf curl is a high humidity problem based on comparisons with pics I saw online that looked just like my problem so I turned my dehumidifier on and got it at 60%, hopefully that helps. I cut a lot of those curled leaves off and now the new growth is starting to curl too but we’ll see how that dryer air does

1 Like

Im gonna be honest bud, I watch alot of you tube and what not, tons of videos but most of them were pertaining to autos in synthetic grows. I have been watching alot of the guy from build a soil and getting more into organics. You are really going to learn how to read your plants, if the leaves are praising the sun gods then it sounds like you are on the right track…don’t over do it. I would wait with the watering and see. Remember your fresh growth more than old is going to tell you what is going on. Seems like you are on the right track for sure. Keep at it and keep us updated!

1 Like

Yeah I hear ya. I still appreciate a 2nd opinion. Theres so many conflicting opinions out there lol. Thanks for the advice

1 Like

np I appreciate no opinions but the ones I deem acceptable…You will see me one day don’t worry. Always get a second opinion but mine is usually a 10th opinion of the greater good of all the best people and their opinions. I study a bunch of people and take the best of what they have to say to get the BEST results. But good luck. I actually know the science of growing organically or like me i like to mix synthetic an organic…synganic…My last auto grow was 11 oz of one plant so …guess I am just lucky