Late stages of auto flower

I’m growing critical x ak-47 auto flower. It’s supposed to be a 6-8 week seed but it’s day 60 and still think they have a few more weeks. I read some of the reviews for the seed and says they had massive buds at day 70. I don’t seem to have any buds just pistils. some of the pistils are turning amber and some of the leaf tips are turning yellow. Is this normal and I’m supposed to be seeing buds come soon?

7 Likes

@They have lots of swelling to do it looks like, they’re very frosty though! Looks like they’re cycling through their excess nutrients in their leaves :smiley:

3 Likes

You’re gonna have some fine bud there @Corey :+1::v:

1 Like

Anybody know how much longer these girls have till they can harvest? Also the yellow tip leaves are getting worse

3 Likes

It’s funny how we all get right at the end. Each day towards the end, I’m like, “How about now?”

I don’t see any hints of amber yet, do you?

2 Likes

@kmac03 @Corey I see a few starting to turn amber and most are milky white. Still a few clear ones. You’re really close. Just a few more days to a week.

3 Likes

@MDBuds @kmac03 I was just wondering bc there’s a lot of amber pistils now and the trichomes are mainly milky but the buds aren’t really dense at all. I was thinking I was gonna harvest around December 2 but I don’t think the buds will be big enough by then.

2 Likes

Corey,

Please forgive me for this as I just smoked, but a lot of times we as humans think something isn’t going to turn out the way we want it to so WE make a decision. It’s hard to sit and wait a few days, trust me, I know. I’ve pulled the trigger more than once when I shouldn’t have and then watched as others had their plants fatten up when I had already harvested mine and we planted all at the same time.

If others like @MDBuds are telling you to sit tight, it’s probably best to listen. A lot can happen in a couple of days with plants, you already know this or you wouldn’t have gotten this far. It’s more a lesson for us in patience than anything else. We like to think we are God.

Remember this when I’m doing the same thing towards the end of December. Please come back to remind me.

2 Likes

@kmac03 thanks for the advice. This is my first grow and haven’t really seen buds grow before so don’t really know how it happens. I kinda thought the buds grew and then trichomes start to appear and then the buds grew but I was wrong. I’m willing to wait I was even thinking about waiting till most of the trichomes are amber bc I think I like more of a body high or couch lock any way.

1 Like

Post your pics when you are about to harvest and after. I’m interested to see how it goes. They are beautiful. Looks like you’ve got the touch.

1 Like

Definitely not ready yet if you want couch lock. Give it about a week or so ± a day or 2. Good looking buds.

1 Like

I was wondering if there was enough amber trichomes to harvest? (The leaf to the right looks to have 5-10% amber) If so I was thinking about harvesting tonight or putting them in a 48 hour dark period… also I went away from the couch lock bc I’m growing a different strain that seems more suited to do it too

2 Likes

here’s a better picture

2 Likes

@Corey I’d still wait. Some of the more mature ones are going amber but you still have some clear ones I can see. Wait until there’s no clear at least.

1 Like

Hahaha! See, I’m still laughing right now because I’m not going through it.

@MDBuds, you are a good, patient Dad…

2 Likes

@MDBuds I’ll wait a few more days…I didn’t know if they were clear bc of the light or not… kinda bad at using the microscope too I normally just take a picture through the microscope and zoom in on my phone

1 Like

You are doing great, I promise. Try holding your breath when you take it.

1 Like

I harvested last night… I also did a wet trim bc I heard it was a little easier since the leaves stick out… I forgot to take pics of the trichomes but they seemed good…also after i cut my first branch down I noticed that the leaves were starting to fade which I thought I flushed too late so they probably could of used a few more days

4 Likes

You chop by your trichome not your pistols but you have a way to go, the plant does not care what the breeder says it will be done when it wants to be done, dont worry the plant wont keel over and die at day 70, i have run autos as short as 55 days and as long as 118 days, when you water use on the cold side but not ice cold this will shock the plant but will help it frost up and turn your pistols.

2 Likes