Is this normal?

I’m growing a critical x ak-47 auto flower and I’m about a week or two into flower. I noticed that the pistils are really far apart and looks like it’s just gonna grow a bunch of random popcorn nugs. I was wondering what I could do to make them connect and make bigger buds or is it normal and they will eventually connect.

5 Likes

That is pretty normal. The buds fill in around each other as it grows. Usually after week 5 of flower you see the most mass start to develop.

4 Likes

She looks good. I’m new too. Good luck * happy growing

6 Likes

Tighter node spacing comes from training and light height, looks like she was stretching a lot but don’t be alarmed, you’ll have some nice light penetration which means every nug should get frosty and dense :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi Corey, Welcome. I like the way this lady looks. Healthy and happy. I like that both light and air can get through. I agree with MDBuds, if you give her some time these buds will form into a very nice harvest. Good Luck!

5 Likes

Welcome @Corey. Good looking plants, give them time and they will fill in. Maybe a bit of stretch but thas not a bad thing, gets light to those lower buds.

5 Likes

I like the way your plant is growing. You have not pruned it yet? Looks like it was Topped, early on. Good, that there are not so many leaves blocking the light from the lower (buds). Should be a good harvest. :grinning:

3 Likes

@Bulbous52 i did top it and then read your not supposed to with autos and I have done some pruning just to expose all the buds sites.

3 Likes

No worries. Your lady is looking fine. Results matter, more than Rules. :laughing:

8 Likes

I didn’t use the same seeds as you but my plant took on this look, after some trimming so the buds could get some light! Yes, most of them grew together as time went by, rather quickly. Good job!!!

3 Likes

@Corey with stems like those i’m pretty sure you have some beautiful roots to hold some serious budding.

2 Likes

Are these pollen sacks? Did my plant turn out male and female?

2 Likes

Or is that just buds forming?

2 Likes

@Corey hard to say on that pic

look at the left upper corner

2 Likes

@DollarBill mine kinda look like that… I’m pretty sure the pistils are coming through them

2 Likes

I think those look like female pistils to me.

3 Likes

@Corey if you do get (little male looking balls hanging down) very carefully trim them off as close to the stem as you can

2 Likes

@Corey Great meeting you Corey bro Happy Holidays far forward

2 Likes

@DollarBill thank you and happy holidays

2 Likes

This is what it would look like

this plant went herme

2 Likes