Is this a male now?

is this a male now? I have been spraying with CS now for about 10 days and this is how plant is starting to look.

2 Likes

continue spraying…3 times a day…cannot tell yet but I am old and feeble, with poor eyesight

3 Likes

Thats bud sight’s they should pop open

2 Likes

@Daddy1971 is correct…keep your eye on that spot…if that is the beginning of a sac, the sacs fill (like a bunch of grapes) and will bloom. Be careful if you only want seeding in a certain area / buds. If the pollen flows, you will seed everywhere…crop killer unless you are harvesting seeds / hemp

3 Likes

Definitely @Mrb53004!!! I had a male “explode” in one of my tents and I got three big, beautiful, completely seeded and nearly worthless plants, except for all the seeds themselves. Lost a full harvest due to this, so be careful!

2 Likes

Definitely breeding for seed. Trying to self breed my mimosa plants so I can stop having to clone them. I continue to have mold pop up regardless of how i treat my plants. Mabey starting from seed will let me break the cycle.

2 Likes

My first try at seeding was with some bag seeds (GSC females and Jamaican - from Jamaica - males). Created an interesting hybrid I call Jamookies. Very tasty and potent. @MDBuds, @Mrb53004 and @Kronic are the authorities when it comes to getting the “breeding” right.

4 Likes

I am trying to get another batch ready with IMPROVEMENTS…I will take care of you…Seeding will not make any difference than cloning. If you make a solution of PH9, it kills mold on contact. Baking soda will make a ph9 solution. If you dip your clones, it will kill all mold on contact. Then rinse and root.
Either way, when we finish preparing a new solution I will get you another bottle.

3 Likes

@Bill I know a lil lil about something :wink: hahaha Yea I know a decent bit on breeding if anyone has questions and that plant didn’t look like a full hermie to me. If you’re seeing 1 nanner in a specific spot it may just be light penetration and dark spots during the day interrupting veg time.

5 Likes

@Jared you’re spraying the under sides of the leaves as suggested in the pms correct?

If you’re just praying the node calyxes it will take longer. Gotta spray the under sides of the leaves where the stomata are so the plant absorbs the silver particles in the cs.

It’s not like STS or gibberellic acid.

If sprayed properly with cs at this point in flower the chosen branch will stop producing and stacking buds first and then you will start seeing pollen sacs forming or possible nanners in the small buds.

2 Likes

@Jared also, CS can take up to 3 weeks to get results. 10 days is pretty early for a cs reversal.

2 Likes

Yes I am spraying undersides of leaves and pretty much that soaks everything. The calaxes are swelling unlike on the not sprayed plants. I am not sure what you mean by stop stacking buds but all the buds on this plant have stopped gaining mass.

2 Likes

@Jared that’s what I meant by stop stacking. The flowers will stop growing new calyxes and the existing calyxes won’t grow anymore until they start to swell with pollen sacs or nanners (exposed stamen without a protective sac). Any new growth that develops after a proper reversal on the plant or branch that is being reversed will have male flowers.

1 Like