Indoor flowering

I have an indoor crop about 6 weeks into flowering. Everything was going well when it’s like the tricromes lost there smell. It’ like they smell like vegetive growth. There has not been any problems with 12/12 lighting. Have 4 plants using 400w HPS.

2 Likes

@61guitarpicker. Welcome to the forum. A loss of smell usually means resin and terpine production slowed for one reason or another. In order to help more I would need more information on your feeding schedule and nutrients used. Pictures would help too.

Happy growing. :v::call_me_hand::metal:

1 Like

Fed Miracle Grow (bloom) once a week since flowering. Stopped using fertilizer this week to flush. Only water when completely dry.

2 Likes

@61guitarpicker what soil are you using? And miracle grow is part of your problem there. Unless you use their full organic line without any slow release chemical salts you’re not going to get a lot of smell or terpine profile out of miracle grow.

Also, plants always lose some smell when flushing. It’s why I use only organic fertilizers and soils. No need to flush and they keep that good smell all the way through harvest.

1 Like

Miracle Grow soil also. 1st crop Also. should I go ahead and harvest or wait?

2 Likes

Wait until it’s mature. Miracle grow will grow the plant but it won’t give it a great terpine profile. It’ll still get you high though. Harvest when your trichomes are milky white with some amber.

2 Likes

Thanks…I will be in touch with you later.

2 Likes

@61guitarpicker if you’re seeking terpenes I would recommend a nicer soil such as Fox Farm Ocean Forest or Happy Frog :slight_smile: Terpinator (Purpinator is the same product just a little more expensive for a color booster all organic), is an organic blend to increase trichome production, color if you get Purpinator, and Terpenes overall taste, smells, and potential in both formulas! Much Love and Happy Growing!

1 Like