How to grow Gelato Feminized - Q&A

@kmac I don’t see any signs of hermaphroditism. Looks like a healthy lady to me. That black nub on the meristem is just from the resin build up from the plant healing after topping or pruning.

4 Likes

Huh. Lesson learned. I have just never caught an image this early before. Now I feel like I has the dumb.

I appreciate y’all!

PS: I totally missed all of the first post on this. This is an auto, so it doesn’t matter when lights switch, correct? I’m going to have to grow an auto.

3 Likes

@kmac03 Right on autos lights don’t matter they flower when they want. But that’s where my confusion came in because this gelato is one of my photos

2 Likes

@kmac03 autoflower genes are recessive but it is possible for plants to activate genes when stressed such as the autoflower gene and going hermie.

Gelato has gsc roots and gsc was the result of an accidental pollination so a lot of plants that have gsc genes or plants that came from hermies will autoflower or hermaphrodite when stressed because they’re genetically predisposed to activate genes for survival.

It’s great for them if they grow wild but it can be a pain for cultivators.

4 Likes

I’ve seen it in other medicinal herbs and flowers, too. It’s kind of interesting to me.

2 Likes

@kmac03 @wnyrenegade @MDBuds i harvested six plants in GG #4 Fem. my wife loves taking care of the jars. she says in one jar she thinks she sees two seeds in a bud. i never saw them when i harvested. i’m headed to look now though :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes!!! Are you going to grow them? I’ll have someone else’s grow to stalk.

1 Like

@kmac03 Nope no seed. my wife is the sweetest person anyone could meet. She just said, i thought you would want to study it. She said that to me in college and i married her. :laughing:

This one Sucks but i’ll still make Moon Rocks from it. it had way to many leaves and i gave it a Bur with a Bumper hair cut. my wife said Shame on You

2 Likes

Hahaha! You are awesome, do you know that?

1 Like

@kmac03 :yum: nah, just an Old Fart, as of yet i haven’t drooled, especially since wife just told me she thinks that GG#4 baby is looking to her like a Big Huge Muscular Man Guy :grinning:

let me think real hard: When was the last time she was wrong? Blank comes up

2 Likes

Gelatos dropped on 11/17/20.

5 Likes

On my list to grow. Just started the germination process on Critical Bilbo, was a tough choice between the 2 strains. It will probably be nest.

3 Likes

Update on my photo gelatos, both have been flipped for flowe.
First one was started 10/2 she was hsted once with a 90° snap and then all branches were topped. Her last lst was today.

Second one was started on 10/22
She has not been snapped but all branches topped instead no lst thus far
Both are looking great will update frequently during flower…they have been placed in my 5x5 with my 2 critical bilbos

2 Likes

can’t go wrong with Gelato and THEY LOOK GOOD!

3 Likes

A smallish strain easy to run, nothing special.

2 Likes

Did u train yours at all?

Here are my current feminized Gelatos. I left them alone on purpose as I’ve seen many questions like, “The other (s) are doing fine, why is this so different?”

Seeds are just like humans. We can go to dinner with the whole family, and our aunts, uncles, cousins, etc may favor us, but there are definite noticeable physical differences.

PS: Don’t judge. They are slowly warming back up and I took pictures before I sopped the water up.

1 Like

Update on gelatos…small issue i need to adress but so far both look amazing. First one has tops everywhere. Second one is doing good as well …last training was done today…will treat with a tea tomorrow then last feeding will be next week…just let them grow from there

1 Like

Looks like you got a nice manifold going on there…My girl lollipop,she makes my heart go pit a pat

1 Like

I dream of…

Gelato.

4 Likes