How Fast are Autos?

Depends on the strain, like photos some flowering times are faster than others and some are slower, if u buy ur seeds from a bank it shld give u flower times on whatever strains u buy, I am currently growing both auto and photo to bridge the gap…then I’ve also heard of ppl growing photos at 12/12 from seed to harvest, in my opinion is the same thing an auto does bc that way they both go into flower as soon as there mature enough to do so

6 Likes

The fastest autos I have found are 6 to 8 weeks seed to harvest. That’s a fast plant.

8 Likes

That is a very fast plant. Thats what I was wondering because my last Kush only went 84 days and so I was wondering if it was worth planting an auto in the mean time and how much weight does it produce in the shorter grow like that? And thanks for the info.

4 Likes

The autos I received off homegrown (cream mandarine) are listed 8-10 weeks. My first batch I pulled at like 11 weeks exactly and could have gone a bit longer. I then have some others looking like they will finish at around 13 weeks. Then the batch after that is doing a lot better and might be done by around 9.5 weeks or so.

I guess my point is, it seems vary a pretty wide range depending on how well I’ve treated them/give them what they want at the right time. I think 84 day photos sounds dope and if I had done photos on my own I might just stick to that if I had those results. But these autos do seem pretty resilient for me and seem easy as a first grow. Yields tbd though.

5 Likes

Autos generally yield a little less than photos but you can still get decent yield with the right strains.

2 Likes

https://homegrowncannabisco.com/products/northern-lights-x-mazar-autoflower-marijuana-seeds

https://homegrowncannabisco.com/products/critical-x-mazar-autoflower-marijuana-seeds

https://homegrowncannabisco.com/products/critical-x-northern-lights-autoflower-marijuana-seeds

https://homegrowncannabisco.com/products/ak-47-autoflower-marijuana-seeds

These are the highest yielding autos at hcc with a 6 to 8 week harvest window.

5 Likes

My last run of lemon haze autos went 10 weeks average. But the actual time was 9-13 weeks. 1 plant took only 9 weeks, but it was in a different soil then the rest, it also stayed smaller. The rest were 12-13 weeks. The smallest and fastest plant yielded just shy of 3oz. The others were all above 3.5, one was 5oz. All dried weights, before cure, so take a bit off those numbers.

From what I read and researched about the strain before the grow 11-13 weeks was the average for other people as well.

2 Likes

Thank you everybody for the response and information. I think I will stick with my photos and the schedules that I run them on and go from there. As long as I can get 8 ozs per plant I can make it till next harvest. That and I don’t really have extra $$ for seeds so I will stick with what I know. PEACE

1 Like

@dmtscravey My Fiancée and I harvest a Blueberry x Jack Herer Auto 56 days from seed to Harvest in a 1 gallon grow pot. 1.5 oz Dried and Cured.

5 Likes

My average is 75 to 80 days from sprouts, i have run dwarfs for 55 days and one went 110 days, autos are time oriented but will not keel over and die at day 75. Pic is cotton candy that ran for 80 days. 20181007_094253|375x500

2 Likes

Do u remember what strains these autos were? Those cld be some really handy seeds to have in a pinch!

1 Like

@Eggs the 6 to 8 week strains? They’re posted in this feed.

2 Likes

Anyone grow any real fast autos lately? Looking for some autos to fill out my tents/be good for inbetween my photo harvests.

last I harvested was a cream mandarine auto (I had one plant hermaphrodite and seed a diff cream mandarine, I then sprouted those seeds and grew this!)

Edit: miss this community looking through posts, hopefully I’ll have more free time soon and post more of my grows! :grin:

1 Like

Nothing shorter than about 10 weeks…Add another week for dry and then cure…

1 Like

They are out there, I havent found them from HGCC, YET. But I have found them from other places, mostly local breeders, if you have any. I just ran a pheno called sour pinot that went seed to harvest in 83 days. Got over 3oz off both plants.

1 Like

Both that critical x mazar and mazar x northern lights autos claim to be pretty fast, but hadn’t really seen anyone on here try it yet.

The white widow autos I have done have been been pretty decent yields and powerful herb, the blueberry jack herer autos I’ve grown are amazing tasting/hitting herb but lower yields. My cream mandarin auto has been pretty good yields, pretty good smoke, (though I’ve liked the other two autos a bit better).

Considering those or some gold leaf autos…🪴 :sunglasses: :tada:

1 Like

Hgc has 2 strains of autos they advertise at 6-8 weeks. Blue amnesia and blackberry auto. I have 4 BAM’s in veg now that popped on the 26th of Jan. They are moving right along we shall see. As soon as tgey go into fliwer I will start 4 blackberry autos. The autos I have in flower now will harvest at about 12 weeks.

1 Like

I’m sure I’ve seen your grow, but do you have a link?

Honestly I have no idea how to do that. I told you I am old and IT stupid.:rofl: I will be glad to post some pics if you like

1 Like

Sure. I guess I’ll wait around until your thread comes up. :rofl: :v:t2:

1 Like