How are the outdoor growers doing during this heat wave?

How does everyone handle the light in their greenhouses?
I’m getting a little over 15 hours visible light and it’s getting shorter everyday.
I’m using clear mini lights around the roofline at sundown to insure 18 hrs. in veg,
in fact they’re on until abut 3AM (22+ hrs.)…
On the right track? is that too much light?

no…plants can get by with NO DARK but perform better with 4-6 hours of rest

2 Likes

I had good luck supplementing my light with a 600W HPS. I set the timer to turn on as the sun set and off at 9:00pm, The light was set to turn back on at 3:00am and off as the sun came up. This allowed for 18 hours of sun and 6 hours of rest. As I wanted to transition to flower I cut the on time by 15 minuets a day until I no longer needed the light. All five plants thrived on this. BTW, the 600W light was just what I had.

Good Luck

2 Likes

Well, one thing is for sure. Y’all who inhabit the burning places are going to have some kick-ass soil when all settles down.

If anyone needs any respiratory relief, let me know. I’m packing up stuff and have some tinctures left. Elderberry, Usnea, etc. Also, things for stress.

Hope all of Y’all are doing as well as can be expected. :pray::purple_heart:

3 Likes

Since I grow outside the Christmas lights were the only thing I had.
So I adjusted the timer to 6 hours dark 10-4, and the clear mini lights now extend dawn and twilight .
A perfect for the low wattage alternative…Thanx again Strikker!

1 Like

My pretty plant [quote=“kmac03, post:17, topic:6675, full:true”]
I’m getting concerned about the heat. Y’all good?
[/quote]

So far so good here in Florida’s weather

1 Like

Nice to meet you, @parksbrenda34 !

I’m not sure if you tried to attach a picture or not? Sometimes new users have to wait a bit to upload, or you could post with a link?

Either way, glad to hear all is well in your corner of the world! :v:

1 Like

Thank you so good to meet ya

1 Like

here in upstate ny, temps have been 80-90, but lots of rain, heavy downpours, but plants seem to be doing ok, im battling a bit of wpm & beetles though…

Getting some crazy beetles this year. Lots of variety. Just found my first Japanese beetles last week also.

yes, they are eating holes through everything, rose bushes,cucumbers,morning glorys,etc…

If you are not in flower, garlic works wonders as a repellent. Mix either garlic powder or fresh garlic crushed with baby oil, mineral oil…spray…
Nematodes for the soil…sorry but my formula does NOT kill their larvae or eggs…
Fruit cocktail - let a can ferment in the sun a few days, place inside a bucket of water. The beetles go for the fruit and drown in the water

2 Likes

Mike, did I sell you some of my NOMO MOLD?

i just bought the bug off, i have done 3 applications so far…

1 Like

My stuff is ALL IN ONE…so MOLD -prevent / cure, cleanse and insects

1 Like

ok, good thats what i thought, is it possible to use too often?

no…it has beneficial s - potassium, vitamin c…1 spray easily last for a week. For Mold, I spray every other week. For insects, when you spray for mold, just mist the soil / substrate for protection against insects. For Mold, I make sure I spray my intake/exhaust areas, fans, tubes, tools, walls, undersides of leaves…everywhere. I begin with an every other day to insure I got everything covered, then reduce to every other week as a preventive
Only at lights off, daybreak

3 Likes

Sigh. The things that are common sense to most, escape me regularly. I have no idea why it never occurred to me to treat ALL the things, too.

1 Like

ok cool, also, does it kill insects or repell them or both?

I have used milky spore on my lawn and has worked very well for the beetle larvae.