Hermed plants/fem seeds?

will a hermed plant produce only fem seeds?

1 Like

Hi @mikes !

I saw @MDBuds answered you previously on another thread. Just in case someone stops by this thread, or if you would like more information, try this link:

Have a good one!

thanks kmac03, ill save some to try outdoors maybe next year, in the meantime, ill give some to my brother in law, he needs practiceā€¦ he has spent 100s of $$ on seeds only to fail early on.

1 Like

What issues was he having?

You donā€™t want to keep any herm seeds they can pollinate up to five miles

1 Like

it would be easier to list the issues heā€™s not having, he has a know it all attitude , & is not truthful when i ask him about what he is doing, like he is embarased to tell me such as when i asked about his water ph, he said it was fine, then i found out later his ph was over 9. i asked how often he was watering & he said every other day, i told him to let the soil dry between waterings & he said ā€˜ā€˜yeah i doā€™ā€™ so thats how it is.

1 Like

thats why im giving them to my brother in law, he lives 10 miles away from me :grin:

Sounds like too much pride and needs to humble heā€™s self i know alot of people like that in one ear out the other

2 Likes

Sounds like a blast on holiday! Never too late to learn something new or try something different. Has he thought of keeping a diary possibly? Either way sounds like talking to a wall.

2 Likes

Not sure what his history is, but sometimes people are afraid of being ridiculed when asking for help, especially if it was something wielded as a weapon in some form or fashion against a person for any amount of time in a past life. If you have beautiful plants, it may intimidate him. You love him and want him to succeed, so you are anxious for him, too. You see where that could be a trainwreck in teaching someone? A Clash of Energetic Potentials.

Whatā€™s his purpose in growing?

***This message brought to you by the kief I found in the bottom of a can I found. :rofl::v:

2 Likes

im not sure what his intent is besides getting high, he usually is trying to make a quick buck somehow, but he is not the most honest person in the world, im not bad mouthing him its just the truth. glad you found some kief! i just sifted my frozen trim from my seedy harvest & got a little kief myselfā€¦

1 Like

yes, im still learning myself if it isnt obviousā€¦ but have had decent outdoor grows, limited sucsess indoor, but im not giving up, i continue to learnā€¦ this site has been very helpfulā€¦

1 Like

Well, based on your view, it seems maybe the seeds know what the truth of the matter is, huh? No matter what, cannabis seeds are magical beans.

1 Like

yes they are, even with all the seedy buds, the weed is very potent, im sure if it didnt herm it would be amazing, i will make some good hash with it & ill be very happy, im already cleaning dissinfecting the grow area for my next attempt at an auto flowerā€¦ wish me luck! :pray:

4 Likes

Iā€™m sure you donā€™t need it, but I look forward to your beautiful grow!!

1 Like

My thinking on the subject is: Exactly what is a hermaphrodite? It is, in this case, a plant that is both male and female in approximately equal proportions. They will always pass this trait on to their progeny.
This being said, there are some female plants that will have some, sometimes very few, male flowers. In my experience they may or may not pass this on.
In any case, I donā€™t plant seeds from such plants. There are too many alternatives available.

If anyone has ever planted feminized seeds, Iā€™m sorry to tell you but it came from a monoecious plant., either through colloidal silver or rhodelizationā€¦:sunglasses:

4 Likes

:+1: thats what i have learned on hereā€¦

2 Likes

Unfortunately no . From my growing experience hermed plants produce more herms or males than females . From this years experience out of 32 plants I have 2 females 4 herms the rest were males .

1 Like

Just seen thisā€¦, I call folly!..,Makes zero sense!, Never have I heard of a true male come from a ā€œfeminizedā€ seed!.., what your planting are unstable seeds of unknown origin from an accidental pollination that occurred multiple times from said unstable, potentially many unstable varietiesā€¦