Helppp. About to give up

They have been in partial shade for the past week. It was in the lower 80s today so I put them back in the full sun and gave them a small drink. 2 cups of water. The drooping seems to have subsided.

1 Like

here is a more recent photo

5 Likes

@kyleW looks like those lowers that were fading got some healthy green back in them too.

1 Like

Yeah. I was thinking the same. But the very yellow one was at the point of no return fell off and died.

This is Truth. The sun is so intense this year. It is very hard on all my plants that require full sun.

I’ve never done this but I saw that some people shred up clean diapers to hold water. My tomato’s in 10 gallon grow bags were wilting from the 90* heat and needed water everyday

Yeah. They seem so be doing much better now.
Just having some nutrient issues. Been giving them straight PHd 6.8 water with some silica. I think I need to do a slurry test to see where my root system tds is at.

:two_hearts: looks a bit better today

1 Like

Diapers. Wow. that is some country shit right there. :joy:

1 Like

I’m still having an issue to PH. My water PH for the last 3 weeks has been 6.7-6.8. One of my plants has a run off PH of 6.3 and One at 5.2. So do i just water with high ph tab water to raise the PH or do I need to use some sort of amendment? I feel like FF soils are not very PH stable.

1 Like

I also have this misshapen leaves on my recently topped lady

1 Like

wrong first pic.

2 Likes

@kyleW the 6.3 is in good range so no need to adjust anything there.

The 5.2 is pretty low and is a sign of either anaerobic bacteria breeding, fungal growth, or nutrient salt buildup. Does that plant smell like sulfur at all when you water it or even bad body odor? If it smells like sulfur or bad body odor you’ll need to dry it out or treat with a fungicide or with healthy bacateria depending on the cause. If it smells normal it’s likely nutrient salt build up. If it’s salt build up just stop feeding for a bit and just give plain water for a while and the pH will start to buffer back to the range FFOF usually sits in between 5.8-6.3.

2 Likes

I haven’t noticed any smell. Next time I water I will check. It just rained so it probably won’t happen until the weekend.
Any thoughts on the misshaped leaves on the second pic? Is that a result of what ever I have going on with the soil ph?

1 Like

@kyleW yes. That’s caused by micronutrient deficiencies from low ph.

1 Like

Ok. I feel
like am having issues getting proper run off to measure PH. I typically feed 2 Qts of water at a time and I only get 3tbsp of runoff. They are in 5 gallon grow bags if that makes a difference with added perlite and FFOF.

Another Issue came today, not sure if it’s deficiencies or bugs or both?

1 Like

I thought it was potassium deficiency so I gave her some big bloom abd she seems to be doing much better.

1 Like

I just did a soil test on my trouble maker. It came back at 5.6PH. TDS was 430. I will do a feeding tomorrow when my tap water de chlorinates. Should I feed water at 7ph to raise the soil ph or should I use a different amendment like garden lime? I gave a small amount of water with unsulfered molasses today.

Just PH my other Lady. She’s at 5.95 with a tds of 200. I will do a heavy feeding tomorrow with FF trio

1 Like

@kyleW yeah some garden lime will help.