Help, I’m a bit confused

Newbie here: These are my two ladies, Amnesia and White Widow. How much further along should they be before I can switch to bloom stage? Also, what should my light height be? I have a 600W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum.

6 Likes

@Shorty I’d need more information on your light and the size of your grow space before I can help.

3 Likes

@Shorty they look very nice and happy

2 Likes

Your lights should be a foot to 2 ft above your plant. The look super happy. I would definitely wait on the bloom stage

4 Likes

I have a 600W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum, small grow space is 28x28x53. I read a post stating they used Veg & bloom lites together throughout 18/6 hrs. Grow-period and switched to Bloom only for 12/12 hrs. Said their plants flourished. Yea or nay? Your thoughts? Otherwise, do I leave Veg only on? If so, then I don’t switch to Bloom until I see buds starting to form, right? Please help, I’m a total dork at this. :grinning:
Thank you fir responding

4 Likes

What brand is your light? 600w is a common model number claiming to be a 600 watt HID equivalent but generally they don’t come close. In order to comment on the light distance I need to look at the actual power draw and specs of the light.

Veg and bloom can be used together for the entire grow. I personally start with veg and allow the plants to adjust to the intensity then I flip the bloom on with the veg and use the light full spectrum for the entire veg and flower cycles.

With your tent size I would flip to flower when the plants are about 1.5 feet tall. If you want to top you can top when they reach about 1.5 feet too and then flip to flower after they heal up and the side branches catch up to the tops if you want a higher yield.

Happy growing man. :v::call_me_hand::metal:

2 Likes

This is my lights link: 600W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum Plant Growing Lights for Indoor Plants with Thermometer Humidity Monitor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082NJ6L3P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_AaFNFb4QCNBD5

Thank you for responding, I have a lot more to research. Can you recommend a good site regarding topping and thinning plants?

3 Likes

P.s. plants are currently 9.0” and 9.5”. They are growing about an inch ever other day. I’m afraid of screwing something up.

3 Likes

That light you’d want to stay around between 8 and 10 inches from the canopy of the plants for the best growth. It is not a 600 watt light like it claims. If you read carefully they say it replaces a 250 watt HID and the specs on it are falsified. I did manage to find some real par data on it though.

And we have all of that information here on the forum if you use the search function or you can find the beginners guide at https://homegrowncannabisco.com/.

4 Likes

Hi Shorty…congratulations! Looks like you have the exact same tent, with the exact same setup as I did for my first Grow. Mine’s a 2x2x4 ft. Viparspectra. Not bragging or anything…in fact, I’m just ready to pull my 3 plants down after 13 weeks. I used a 1,000w LED Chinese-made light, and kept it about 15"-18" above the plants…but my plants kept Reaching (despite my attempts at Bending/LST), which eventually cost me a couple of my biggest buds. They were right up against the lights and beyond, so I harvested them too early (I’m a Newbie too). But I have plenty left, for a decent harvest from my first grow. Checking my trichomes daily, and I’d say I have one week (possibly less) to go. I don’t think 600w would be a whole lot different from 1,000 but I’d say: 18 inches from your plants is what most people recommend. I don’t know how tall the strains you’re growing are supposed to get nor how tall your Gro-Tent is, but you might want to consider some LST (bending/training) soon, to avoid the height problems I ran into. My second Grow will feature strains which are supposed to be shorter (about 60 cm), but as they say: “We’ll see, about that” lol. Good work! Keep on! (PIC: Familiar?)

• Great Minds Think Alike -
4 Likes