Hello, I'm new at growing Autoflowering

I kinda messed up with my plants. I germinated four seeds and labeled each one. One is the White Widow, Amnesia Haze, AK 47, and Diesel. And I had them in order, but someone came to the door while I was planting them in my 3 gallon bags. Then I can not figure out what is what. So I have four Great looking Autoflowers that I got from HGCC. So I guess I will not know what I’ll be smoking. I have a 4x4 tent with two Exhaust fans with Carbon filters, with a 1000 watt LED grow light. I made my own Osculating fan that came out of a stand up heater that did not heat. Since I don’t know what each plant is, I just numbered them 1,2,3, and one plant is a lot taller than the other 3. So I named her Tall Girl.

This is my grow tent with my homemade Osculating fan. Thanks HGCC. For providing all the information on growing, and the Great Seeds. Does anyone know when they will Flower?

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Reg, glad you found us. Most of your ladies are in early flower now. The vast majority of autoflower strains start flower around week 3. Good looking grow, and I love anything DIY. Theres a ton of information here already and a lot of very experienced growers who are willing to help. I recommend looking at some of the grows going and I bet you’ll be able to identify your strains. Keep up the good work and keep us updated on the ladies.

4 Likes

Hi @Reg welcome, you have come to an amazing forum. Those mystery girls are beautiful.

Your girls are about the same age ad mine. @MDBuds can give you info on look at the trichomes to determine harvest.

Good luck & happy growing

3 Likes

@Reg XD HAHAHAHAHA I don’t mean to laugh but this is 100% a hiccup I’ve done and will probably continue to do LOL don’t you love the guessing game? So from experience that WW is probably going to be the tallest of the bunch followed by your amnesia haze, then your AK 47 will have thinner leaves than your diesel. I’m willing to bet the thicker leaved plant in the pics is your Diesel :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Autos are not photoperid plants and are not grown the same, been running them 9 and a half years, there fussy with weak root systems, if i had a nickle for every toasted auto i have seen, u use a light medium like ffof, you only feed a mild food and then really lightly, you keep in veg till there topped off or rather have stopped growing vertical around day 50 on average then you change spectrum of your light to bloom add flowering agent and by day 70 or 80 your done strain dependent. That is it in a nutshell.

4 Likes

Thanks Rye, For your comment. I need all the help I can get. One thing I would like to ask you, You already know that I got the plants mixed up, rather, I don’t know what the plant will be. But one of the Plants is way taller than the other 3. I had to do a low stress bend in it, because the smaller ones are starting to flower and if I didn’t do the low stress bend, the Light would be to high for the smaller ones. Even the low stress bend the plant is still over 3 feet tall. I’ve got 3 plants under my LED light. And the light is set on Bloom. Does that sound right. I really don’t know when to switch the LED light from Veg, to Bloom. Is it when you start to see the White pistols growing. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks Derek, I’m glad to know I’m not the only one that has done that. But you are right, I will love the guessing game. Lol. Thanks Pal

1 Like

Thanks Adcrag, for your comment. Like I said, I’m new at growing. But so far, it has been fun. Thanks.

2 Likes

@Reg that switch probably just boost the power, it may actually have a separate blue/red spectrum, but most just increase the power. It will be fine for now on the bloom setting. You can worry about that after you get a few grows under your belt with it.

Also you can raise your smaller plant up, the best thing to use is milk crates as they are pretty stable even stacked a few high. I’ve had plants of the same strain grow differently and had to raise the shorter ones.

2 Likes