Growing sour diesel and Green Crack

Was just curious if anyone has ran these strains. I want to know how often to feed, I’m in week 4 of flower. Any help or tips would be great. Thanks!

2 Likes

Haven’t grown sour diesel but I did grow green crack outdoor before. I did a medium feeding every two weeks and supplemented with micros every 4 weeks.

2 Likes

I think I might be overdoing it, they dont seem bad but I have 3 1000 watt LEDs. And I give the flora lineup once a week plus mandicino honey everytime I feed. I hope they don’t get hurt. How did your outdoor turnout ? Gc some good smoke?

2 Likes

I just harvested an RQS Sour Diesel a few weeks ago. Mine was a pretty hungry plant. I used full strength nutes all the way through.
Mine looked like a wide leaf plant as opposed to the more common thin leaf pheno. Mine also had larger internodal spacing despite being under HLG QBs so for my girl she was lanky due to genetics.
I feed all of my plants Mega Crop veganic one part in Pro Mix all-purpose. I don’t pH and use medium-hard tap water.
My grows are about as simple as cheap you can get and I get some pretty good results.
I really try to keep my environment in VPD parameter for each stage of growth. I make sure that my LEDs PPFD isn’t above 750 and really try to keep my temperatures mid 70s to low 80s since I don’t use CO2.

4 Likes

Sorry Cole, I’ve never grown either of those strains but welcome to the Forum👋. Have you tried Google?

3 Likes

I used a living soil in my grow so the nutes were only to supplement flowering but it turned out good. Nice bright almost lime green and pretty frosty. Used some basic potting soil, Nature’s Living Soil, and Earth Juice Verde Fire bloom micro blast and xatylyst along with some hibrix mfp.

4 Likes

Mine is so cheap lol. I bought 3 1000 watt led of Amazon, and 5 gal bags. A tent with my 12. I only used the flora products this time. Ph at 6 4-6.5 and 1.6 ec. But I am getting worried I may not be giving them there full potential. It’s a fun hobby, but it can be stressful as well. How long was your flower period on the diesel?

2 Likes

Google is helpful to a point. I take everything like a grain of salt, just because alot can influence how they uptake food from what I’ve been learning.

2 Likes

I believe she was a 9-10 wk bloomer so about 73 days I think.

1 Like

Damn, did they turn out dense?

1 Like

Oh yes. Really greasy too. I am really happy with the product.
I attribute most of the density to the lights that I have and good genetics.
I’ll be making seeds in the spring.
She’s a keeper in my book.

I have some Green Crack that I’m supposed to sprout in about a month.

1 Like

My temp is 74 and humidity is 55, I think that’s deacent. Green crack grows quick in veg. It was kind of crazy for how short of a time I vegged. 4 week and then flip

4 Likes

That temp and humidity will work fine but I’d try to bring it down to around 40 rh during the last few weeks of flower. Green crack gets pretty dense nugs and you want to do your best to prevent mold.

4 Likes

I appreciate the help, I’m hoping for the best. Not trying to get too far ahead of myself here but any thoughts on wet trimming?

2 Likes

@Sativa Just fan leaves. Let the sugar leaves dry with the buds. They have a lot of trichs and it adds to the bag appeal for green crack imo. I think it just looks better with the sugar leaf left on it and if you cure it right it doesn’t really effect the smoke as much as other strains.

5 Likes

Is it ok to put a video of my plants in here? Just wanna see what yall think.

2 Likes

Don’t see why not i think it be cool

2 Likes

I will today at some point

1 Like

I love all the feedback, anybody measure ec? Not too sure on how that all works. Gonna hit them with a full dose of nutrients tmr, flora plus calmag and a half dose of recharge. Letting them dry out a little tonight . I’ll probably ph it to 6.2 if I can

2 Likes

@Sativa I measure tds and ec. If you don’t have a TDS meter but an EC meter you can get an approximate TDS by multiplying the ec by 1000 then dividing by 2. The reverse also applies if you have a TDS meter but not ec. Multiply your TDS measurements by 2 then divide by 1000 to get approximate ec.

2 Likes