Growing sour diesel and Green Crack

@Sativa The measurements allow you to fine tune your nutrients to see what works. Let’s say purely hypothetically you mix a feeding with a TDS of 500 and feed your plants and they end up with deficiencies so you double it to 1000 tds for the next feeding and they end up with surpluses you can use the measurement to fine tune it to about 750 tds to get a proper feeding without excess or deficiencies.

It makes it easier in the long run to measure TDS because it gives you a more accurate way to measure nutrients instead of ml per gallon etc.

One of the best things about TDS readings is if you find you mix your nutes too strong it let’s you see it and you can just dilute with more water to lower TDS until you reach your desired reading. The opposite also applies if you don’t have enough you just add some more nutes until the desired TDS.

3 Likes

@Sativa EC on the other hand is important for veganics and organic growers using hydro, and even soil, but EC effects hydro more. Good organic and veganic nutrients have a lower salt content than other nutrients which keeps salt build up down in tanks and soil. If your ec is too high it can effect ph and nutrient uptake and cause other issues. Generally an EC of between 1.5 and 2 is acceptable for veg and flower.

3 Likes

Thanks for that. I run 1.6 ec right now. Gonna go full dose tmr with my flora and some recharge with a full dose of calmag. I think they can take it. Just a little worried. I just dont wanna hurt them at all.

2 Likes

You can also do smaller feedings more often to keep ec and tds in range. When I have a really hungry plant that just can’t get enough I still keep my ec around 1.5 and just feed once a week instead of every two weeks with my soil.

3 Likes

Said I would post some so here they be

8 Likes

Beautiful…:thinking::raising_hand_man:dibs

Beautiful plants nice job

Cole how are those girls