Grow organic! It's ❤

I encourage everyone to start there first compost pile. Generate natural biological organisms to invest your quality time with marvelous cannabis and diverse healthy organic soil to feed. If you have the space make it! And make aerobic tea that lasts as long as how big your compost pile is. Compost does require careful compostion but it can be done by anyone! And feed everyone! For harmonious living with nature.

3 Likes

@BlackSheep i to encourage everyone to build compost pile you will be amazed at your out come i promise you all

4 Likes

This is what compost will do

2 Likes

I’ve been raising some red wiggler worms in the potting soil from my old root balls. I feed them my kitchen compost and an occasional “garden smoothie”. I’m hoping to end up with some nice worm castings I can use again in a future run.

3 Likes

Organic growing is about complete wellness and quality over anything. It takes more compassion and care to provide the best. And the rewards are far greater than any objective goal.

3 Likes

These plants are 40 days old today all organic

in mmy own soil

5 Likes

Your absolutely right an organic grow is much healthier for our environment than adding all sorts of stuff, only 2 things I use is botanacare pro grow fish mulch and nitro, and Atami Bloombastic for flowering.

1 Like

@Dkershey1 I’ve been growing for almost 40 years that leaf is from a pure indica plant just showing how big it is smart ass if you are best show use some of your grows “SIR GROW ALOT”

I have had success in OMRI certified organic products. Store bought. Reasonable priced.

Alaska Fish 5-0-0
Incredible Bulk
Micrel Essential
a pure Kelp extract.

It doesnt have to be hard, expensive, or take a lot of work. Everyone should get the experience of doing compost, but once youve done that, come on back to the easy way.

Ive been a professional sales rep in the agronomy field for 20 years. Not in cannabis, but theres a lot of crossover.

2 Likes

That’s all i grow with is organic I’ve grown all different ways and i get a better smoke then any other way I’ve grown

1 Like

Welcome! You just stepped in to the most diverse, knowledgeable, and passionate cannaheads (just made that up). Its about the journey, love, and passion for this amazing genus that is underutilized, underrated, and currently still has potential that modern argronomist are just beginning to understand. Happy growing brothers! knowledge is POWER and there’s a million ways to reach the same goals. :heart: proof is in the results, replicatable and of utmost quality…scratch that; personal grade quality. This plant is breaking boundaries that no man crossed.

1 Like

Bring on that simple soil science through your understanding of advanced soil ecology

1 Like

I hope to find the answer to a very simple question in this forum. I have been in the specialty ag business as a B2B sales rep for 20 years. I have access to some incredible products. I love amino acids and mychorizae, (sorry spell check didnt cover that one), and all of that. Kelp is a wonder drug for plants.

But all of my products have rates at ounces, lbs, whatever per 1,000 sq feet or per acre. Not for container plants such as a typical indoor grower might use.

I can do the math, but I do not trust it due to some assumptions I am forced to make.

If I assume the depth of my pot to be max root depth and calculate volume. Then calculate the volume of 1,000 sq feet at that same depth and do a little division I can get an amount per cubic foot and so on and so forth. The rest is just extrapolating the data to an appropriate size and amount.

But is there a better way to convert an amount per 1,000 sq ft or per acre to a one gallon or two or five gallon pot?

Having good info on that would be fantastic and open the doors to some great products for use.

Glad to be with you folks.

Many years ago, before my 20 year hiatus and my finding myself in the ag business I was pure chemical. But things were very different in the early 90s. Imagine the lighting store youve been visiting and buying from being on the 6 0’clock news! And not for a feature story either.

I had incredible luck with pulling some seeds out of the usual mid to upper mid grade commercial smoke that seemed to usually be around back in those days and grew for a number of generations from clones. I did well.

But I agree with you. Especially knowing all I have learned since then. And organic just seems a better choice when the costs are comparable or even better and performance is as good or better. I’m an OMRI kind of guy these days.

Hi Newt,

I’ll start by saying, I don’t have a clue. But, that’s never stopped me from offering advice yet, so here you go. :grin:

The fertilizers that I use all call for a much larger application rate for outdoor gardens - on average 2-4 times as much for top dress feeding compared to containers. Likely this is due to the amount lost to soil drainage.

I might start with a 1/4 of whatever your calculations come out to be. If it seems like the plants are getting hungry ahead of schedule, add a little more.

Undershoot, and the plant gets hungry. Overshoot with the fertilizers, and it could burn the entire plant.

Me2 but never too old to stop learning sorry brother some dick not gonna say name (may or may not be my own family) gave my bro a phone to use and this post had to of been made from that phone and I just got my sign in info back but all apologies…

1 Like

Absolutely there has to be a better way. I personally wouldn’t approach it strictly mathematically because why. Lol. What products specifically are you trying to use. Basically organically derived nutrients are only as instantaneous as the living organisms in your soil. So if you overfeed( strictly) organics it’s theoretically impossible to burn them. But that’s theory, either way what are these products your trying to apply. I wouldn’t even bother with strictly math. Ballpark it because your trying to take biology and natural processes into a man-made container. Most people try to use small pots and learn thats a horrible idea with organics.

Alaska Fish 5-0-0
Incredible Bulk
Micrel Essential
a pure Kelp extract

Is this your list?

You plan on growing indoors or out? And I’d recommend for organic living soil to have a pot no smaller than 7 gallons indoor but 10gal is my personal magic number. I blend my own soils and amend with mostly dry organic materials for a steady supply of nutes and supplementally feed with the liquid stuff as needed to my eye. Where kelp is always welcome. I supply mycos when I blend the soil too, but I have used URBnatural with great success. It’s a microbial and fungal inncoluant that’s basically like adding a good compost tea. Humic acids and carbohydrates, and kelp oh my. You’ve got the knowledge, just have to embrace it fully. No disrespect intended. Check out YouTube channel Perfect Gardens. Tons of great information. :v:

1 Like