Grape Ape fast flip grow

Thanks I have them in a closet at moment and was unsure how well they would do in there. Hoping to move them in a tent in April as it is much to cold here yet for that move. Then the plan is to start some more in the nursery and move them out as these finish up. Hope this system works. Would like to get 3 harvests thos way instead of 1.

Cold, tell me! I plugged my fan in, set to 0 so it displays temp and rh…47 degrees! Tent’s out in the garage, concrete floor. Got some 4" styrofoam for free and put that under the tent, thinking that’s why my last crop took so long to ripen at Christmas. This arctic outflow is supposed to end in a couple, so next week the flowers will spring. Buds on the magnolia tree already.
Which is perfect, I think I’m 24 days behind you! Just pushed some sprouts in jiffy pods today, so mid to late March they should be ready for the tent and the big light!

1 Like

Day 23 Just a checkup today. No water. Temps are running 62 night and around 80 day time. Humidity 28%. Hope to see 2 new shoots by Sunday where I topped her. Still looking good. Both plants are 8 inches tall now.

Day 24 Both girls grew an inch in 24hrs. New growth is starting to show where I topped them. Beginning to smell a little like I have a skunk in the closet. 425 ppfd at the tops.

2 Likes

Day 25. Things are progressing nicely still. Will wait to flip lights on Mar 2 which will make them 4 weeks old then. Probably won’t see flower until mid march I am guessing.

2 Likes

Day 26 Gave the girls a drink of high quality h2o ph 6.0 water. Checked ppdf is now at 500 at the canopy tops. They are having a good growth spurt now as changes are happening fast. Are they mature enough to flower soon time will tell. Growth coming in where I topped them.

3 Likes

@Lynyrdsky I love your photos. I’ll definately be waiting pics of buds.

2 Likes

Thanks again. I dont know if I will get much training done as the main stem is getting pretty rigid now and I dont want to snap them or ruff them up too bad lol.

Day 27 topping growth has came in today. These girls are going stong to put it mildly. 79 deg and 28%RH. No water today or anything else. Pictures of course :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Day 28 Set the timer to go to 12/12. Time to move on to the next phase of this grow. They are about a foot tall now and bushing out. I took some bottom leaves off today just a small haircut is all.

2 Likes

Day 29 1 day under 12/12 lighting. Gave each a small drink of water. Nothing more to report other than wow these are beautiful looking plants.

Looking back 10 days ago they were transplanted and they have changed a lot in 10 days. The fan leaves are huge and very symetrical. The whole plant is symetrical.

2 Likes

@Lynyrdsky I hope that’s not a bug bite on last pic’s leaf. It was there a couple days ago I saw, only looks like the one hole, so if it was, hope you killed it!

Really curious to see the yield on a fast flip. I let mine get as big as I can fit n the tent since I am limited by number of plants. Sorta brings me back 30 years where we were trying for 70 day turnarounds. No limits on number of plants back then…it was 0, may as well grow 30 instead of just 1! Same penalties.

1 Like

No worries very few pests here at this time of year. I did notice that too and see no other holes like that on either plant. I am not a heavy yield grower and am quite happy with an oz or 2 per plant. I smoke all the time but only use 1 hitters saves a lot of smoke that way. I also keep most to myself and give very little away. Had too many friends years ago that always seemed happy to smoke my weed but seldom had any to share lol.

1 Like

@Lynyrdsky I prefer joints, but use a 1-hitter about 80% of the time.
Your plants look fabulous!

1 Like

I do too as the taste is better but so much goes to waste unless a buddy is there to help.

1 Like

Day 30 still going strong. Just a pic day. Ppfd 650 at the canopy 41% rh 78 deg

4 Likes

Day 31 3rd day of 12/12 lighting. Did a little LST training on one plant and pulled the fan leaves down to make room for the shoots to get light. Not ready to remove them yet. That will come later on. Should get 3 colas frome her topping as a third shoot has appeared. Gave them both a good watering today too.

3 Likes

Day 32 4th day of flip. Plants are stretching and I did some more LST on the one. May start that on the other one tomorrow. She won’t be as easy as she is not as bushy.

I would start tucking them fan leaves to get light to them tops they look awesome :+1: happy growing

1 Like

I hear you. I have did some tucking and tied the larger ones down to get better light penetration. There are a few large ones whos days are numbered now. Sad thing is I have a 4x4 tent and these plants are the best I have grown in a small closet with blackout drapery for a door and aluminum foil for refecting light. Still plan on moving to tent when it gets warmer.