Grape Ape fast flip grow

I am out of smoke and hate to buy so this will be a fast grow experiment to see if I can harvest in may. Using Happy Frog Medium. Quantum 260 led.

Started 3 seeds all germinated one never came up. Planted in Happy Frog. Plants broke ground on 2/2. It is now 11 days running the lights 18/6. The plan is to flip to 12/12 in 2 weeks. My goal is to get flower by mid march and 8 weeks of flower time would place harvest mid-May. The beginning of May if they chose to finish quicker.

Here they are from last night. 300par light at tops.

Should be an interesting experiment.

• Strain: Grape Ape fem photoperiod
  • Medium: Happy Frog
  • Vessels: 5 gallon bags
  • PH of Water: 5.8 to 6.4
  • PPM/TDS: NA
  • Indoor
  • Light system: HLG Quantum 260 3000k
  • Temps: 75 to 85 day 60 to 65 nights
  • Humidity; 25%
  • Ventilation system: 6 in filter with ocillating fans inside
3 Likes

I will be watching :eyes:

1 Like

I will be watching myself happy growing

1 Like

Day 13 of veg and things are looking good. Temps are 79f with lights on. Just entered 3 node stage. Plan on transplanting in a week to give them a week to settle in their final pots. If they present a 5th node before March I may top one. Happy with their progress so far. Humidity is very low 20 to 25% but I am ok with that at the moment.

I also noticed some lower branches starting to appear already on the bigger plant.

3 Likes

Beautiful i love grape ape it’s one of my favorite strains @Lynyrdsky

1 Like

Day 15 and the girls are doing well. New growth everyday can be seen. Plan on repotting this weekend as they are outgrowing their cottage cheese containers fast. I like those containers better because they are sturdier than solo cups. They are getting a few ozs of water every day now as they have become quite thirsty.

1 Like

Day 16

Temp 77deg hum 15% and these 2 girls are the healthiest I have ever grown in this short of time. Going to have a lot of pictures during the grow to record their growth.

Plan on transplanting them in 5 gallon fabric pots in 2 days.

1 Like

Day 17 and one plant was getting stressed due to needing water. Filled their 5 gallon pots with Happy Frog to get the soil temp close to equal. Tomorrow will be transplant day.

3 Likes

Day 18 Did the transplant today. Shook the one girl up pretty bad as she show wilting now but she should recover. Put a large dome over her and helped prop her up some. Still planning on flipping lights on the 28th.

A few hours later she looks happier.

2 Likes

Looks like a great grow, I will be following. I got you by a couple of weeks with my Banner Fast; hoping for a 4/20 harvest. We have to have our goals, don’t we?

1 Like

Yes goals are good to have. Always have to be willing to adjust them when needed though. Good luck with your grow too.

Day 19 Did a quick check on the girls and gave them a little shot of water. They both took the transplant well.

1 Like

@Lynyrdsky It looks like you planted the girls off center, was that so you can perform handle tucks later?
I love your photography, can’t wait for flower pics.

I may bend her over but will wait to see how she spreads out. Never grew this strain before so just kind of winging it. Got room to pull her one way. Had a sour diesel last time I ran in a circle to keep her low. Little auto but she packed on the buds.

1 Like

@Lynyrdsky I recognize that photo from your first grow. Thanks for posting that grow. I can see where photography is a passion with you. I just love a great photo documentary; great read!
'21 was my first grow since '89. I grew 3 plants all in different ways. Gelato I grew guerrilla, so reading and seeing your Gelato grow from start to finish was a real treat for me.

1 Like

I really liked the Gelato and that will be my next grow. Glad you enjoyed the images. Kind of cool to look back on grows from the past.

1 Like

Day 20. Just pics nothing new to report on.

1 Like

Day 21. Pinched the tops off of both plants today and gave them each a drink of ph’d 6.0 water. Took the tops off just above the 5th nodes.

1 Like

Day 22 Checked on the girls today took some more images imagine that.:slightly_smiling_face: they both are looking good. As she bushes out I will do some LST training on them both.

2 Likes

They look very happy indeed! Well done @Lynyrdsky! :+1: Very healthy lookin’ ladies!

1 Like